question on using DVC points to cruise

wdw47

DIS Veteran
wondering if anyone can tell us what dollar amounts are involved with using DVC points to cruise

We went over Christmas the highest time and used 450 points for 2 adults 185 for our 13 year old and payed $1100.00 for my 10 year old [ran out of points]

The only $ amount involved in using points to cruise is the $75 fee per reservation. Note that it is not per person, but is per reservation. Just be sure that you have "all your ducks in a row" before you book, because if you change anything, you will pay another $75 fee.

Many people advise against using points to cruise because you can "rent" out your points for $10 per point. You can usually cruise for far less than that amount....

What is renting out points???
I bought 300 but always use them.
I lost 31 last year could I have sold them?

Although this is more for the DVC boards, yes, Johnny you can rent any points that you are not going to use for any year. On the DVC boards there is a rent/trade forum where people will post points available or points wanted. Generally most people rent their points for $10 per point.

LeiLani

We were going to use our points and do a Western cruise we only have 150 points per year. It was going to cost us 3 years worth of points for our family of 2 adults and 2 children. We decided to try and sell them and the response was unbelivable. We sold them for $9.00 each(most pay between 8-10). So we sold 2 years worth and pretty much paid for our cruise next September! It worked out great! Good Luck:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter