Question for RussUK re: laptops!

Bonnie

DIS Veteran
I noticed that RussUK mentioned he had taken his laptop to DLRP recently, so I wanted to post here and ask a question or two as we're planning to take ours. :)

Russ - did you travel by Eurostar? If so, were you able to use the Disney Express service to transport your laptop back to your hotel, or was that one of the "banned" items? If you didn't travel by Eurostar, where did you store your laptop for security, and how did you manage on the last day when you have to vacate your room? Did you just carry it around with you and not go on any "big" rides?

We're having trouble deciding what to do with ours as we're pretty sure we want to take it, so I was curious to know someone else's experiences of taking a laptop. :) If you have any advice to give me, I'd be very grateful!

Hi,

i take my laptop with me all the time. Dont know about Eurostar, but on your last day yo can either leave it at the luggage service at the hotel...or if you feel that this would be safer at the luggagage service at the park entrance right beside the guest relations. Its 2,50€ each piece.

Greets Renate :wizard:

Hi Bonnie

I didn't go by Eurostar. Living in deepest darkest Devon, are easiest option is flying.

I carried the laptop as hand luggage on the flight and on arrival at NPB I left it with the rest of our luggage to be delivered to our room once it was ready. I did the same on the day of departure, the porters are quite careful with your luggage and are not trainined to the usual airport luggage handlers standard!!

My main reason for taking the laptop was for downloading photos at the end of each day, but being on the Admirals Floor I had the added temptation of being able to have internet access!!

I hope that helps a little, if you have anymore questions please do not hesitate to pester!!

Thanks Renate and Russ! So you think we'd be okay with sending it via the Disney Express luggage service? I suppose the porters are the same people who deal with that so it shouldn't be a problem I hope.

Russ - where did you store your laptop during the day when you were at the parks?

Bonnie, I usually put the laptop in our suitcase. Not that I didn't trust the maid or anything, just for piece of mind.

Ahh, okay. That's what we were thinking of doing too. :) Hurray! ::MinnieMo

*Is getting very excited*

I can feel your excitement from here!! I want to go back now (going off and having a sulk now)!

You could always "re-live" your holiday and write us a trip report if you felt like it! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter