Question for ladies - dresses at the parks

I'm worried about being way too hot with the slip shorts or bike shorts and a dress... we tend to go in August, so that's a real concern. Anyone have any feedback about melting or not?

As long as the dress is light and flowy, I find it more comfortable than shorts. The dress shields my legs from the sun, and the bike shorts protect from the thigh problem. Note, I live in Texas. My go-to for Six Flags in the summer is bike shorts and a broomstick skirt. I also have a sun hat that I soak in water every now and then. That helps a lot.

I got workout shorts from Target that I plan to wear under my dresses the next time I’m at Disney, I’ve been wearing them around the house with no problems.

I’ve got the jockey ones from target (two different materials/styles), some skorts and some regular biker shorts for my trip next week. I’ll give a full report lol…. The jockey ones look and feel really nice!

Questions on Jockey slipshorts....

So they do they stay in place? you know they don't roll down, and the legs stay put so they aren't riding and bunching up?

I have long legs, so finding something that hits me correctly on the thigh is really hard... I'm 5'9 if that helps, and I am more than blessed in the rear end department... suggestions... do these come in lengths?

We are going down to the Keys with DH's work, and dresses at dinner are what most women wear, casual, beach styles yet very nice...and for whatever reason they always have cocktails outside, pool or beach side and while beautiful setting, its sooooo hot and humid.. and you feel like your melting... so I want something that has wicking for sure... will these do the trick?

Opinions please...

I'm heading to Target later on today so I will have to see...
Wow, wish I were tall and blessed 😋 I wasn't going to reply with my $$ idea and am super happy about other suggestions here, then you mentioned needing something taller. LuluLemon has some very light and cool fabric with pockets on each side of their knee-length (on me - should hit you just right) tights. I am a very hot and sweaty person and their light-weight tights are the only ones I can stand - and pockets! 👍
Regardless of thigh covering solution chosen, I also use G... B... Friction Defense - cheaper than B... Glide and works better for us. DS uses it for chub rub - yes, guys in shorts get this too. DD and I don't go a day without it where we are "blessed"...

Wow, wish I were tall and blessed 😋 I wasn't going to reply with my $$ idea and am super happy about other suggestions here, then you mentioned needing something taller. LuluLemon has some very light and cool fabric with pockets on each side of their knee-length (on me - should hit you just right) tights. I am a very hot and sweaty person and their light-weight tights are the only ones I can stand - and pockets! 👍
Regardless of thigh covering solution chosen, I also use G... B... Friction Defense - cheaper than B... Glide and works better for us. DS uses it for chub rub - yes, guys in shorts get this too. DD and I don't go a day without it where we are "blessed"...

Oh Thanks for the reminder about Luluemon, we have a outlet here.. so hopefully I can find something that won't break the bank... while I like the jockey material, no way would they ever be long enough.

Yes, with living in Florida, with all that heat and humidity... you need something to keep everything from chaffing, and rubbing, and with all that friction you absolutely need something to protect your skin... all sizes, shapes and yep both women and men...
DH likes Body Glide for him it works best... I have tried body glide for Her and it works good, As well I like Chafing Relief Powder Gel, by Monistat, and the price point is much better, I use it everyday during the summer, pretty much everywhere, not just on the chub rub, it works great around "the ladies". As well it is from a manufacture that specialize in women's products.
We spend alot of time in the water, and I prefer the Chafing Gel... it seems to last longer for me, with all that drying off, and swimming, walking and climbing stairs around the water parks, snorkeling, spending all day on the water on our boat.

I have this pair from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/ODODOS-Pockets-Waisted-Workout-Athletic/dp/B07KVYWM44/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=ODODOS+High+Waist+Out+Pocket+Yoga+Short+Tummy+Control+Workout+Running+Athletic+Non+See-Through+Yoga+Shorts,GrayHeather,Medium&qid=1624136869&sr=8-2&th=1

- With a 5" inseam, they work great under a skirt. I should note that I'm very short, so dresses might be longer on me than they are on other people.
- Each leg has a pocket, so that's one for a phone and another for tickets, money, etc. The pockets are fairly tight, so nothing falls out.
- They aren't as thin as products described by other people, but that also means they aren't see-through.
- I've been wearing them 2-3 years, and they've held up well.
- I do recommend them.

If you are going to wear shorts anyway, then why bother with a dress? Just put a t-shirt or tank top on. 🤷‍♀️ I feel most comfortable with loose shorts and a tank or T-shirt. Definitely need the fabric to be breathable.

If you are going to wear shorts anyway, then why bother with a dress? Just put a t-shirt or tank top on. 🤷‍♀️ I feel most comfortable with loose shorts and a tank or T-shirt. Definitely need the fabric to be breathable.

Because they want to wear a dress, for whatever reason? Maybe they have a cute one, maybe they don’t like regular shorts, many reasons.

Personally I find a dress and thin under-shorts (like the jockey skim shorts) to be much more breathable than “real” shorts and a top. Sometimes I do wear shorts and a top though. It’s nice to have options, and even not at Disney, I need something under my dresses to be comfortable. Others may feel differently, and they should wear whatever they prefer.

In my case, I like the sun coverage of a calf length skirt. I am a pale, practically sun-phobic redhead. I do use sunscreen, but I've found clothing more effective. Also, bike shorts are more comfortable than regular shorts. I'm too fat to wear bike shorts in public where they could be seen. I do sometimes wear regular shorts and t-shirt.

DD wears dressed to work frequently, but work involves lots of bending over, scooching, etc. She wears men's longer legged cotton underwear under her dress (she wears the fitted kind, not the baggy, loose ones.

I'm another pale redhead who loves that dresses are both cool and they help with sun coverage. Jockey slip shorts are wonderful (cool, light, and I've never had a problem with them rolling). I do sometimes need a half slip to keep certain dresses from clinging to the skimmies. (I tried an anti-static slip short years ago, and didn't like it as much, but I can't remember why.)

I also love skorts and shorts, but dresses are a staple for me, especially in hotter weather.

Oh Thanks for the reminder about Luluemon, we have a outlet here.. so hopefully I can find something that won't break the bank... while I like the jockey material, no way would they ever be long enough.

Yes, with living in Florida, with all that heat and humidity... you need something to keep everything from chaffing, and rubbing, and with all that friction you absolutely need something to protect your skin... all sizes, shapes and yep both women and men...
DH likes Body Glide for him it works best... I have tried body glide for Her and it works good, As well I like Chafing Relief Powder Gel, by Monistat, and the price point is much better, I use it everyday during the summer, pretty much everywhere, not just on the chub rub, it works great around "the ladies". As well it is from a manufacture that specialize in women's products.
We spend alot of time in the water, and I prefer the Chafing Gel... it seems to last longer for me, with all that drying off, and swimming, walking and climbing stairs around the water parks, snorkeling, spending all day on the water on our boat.

We use Body Glide sometimes, or Anti-Monkey Butt Powder. The 'girl' AMBP has cornstarch instead of talc. I use it under 'the girls' too.

I’ll give a thumbs up to the jockey skinnies. Light, don’t roll and soft material. Also, l loved the old navy brand skort! It’s pretty short but the material is light and the shorts didn’t roll up on me.

Google….Bolder Athletic Wear and search for their Classic Unders…I wear those under dresses. Two big pockets on sides, fits lots of stuff to go bagless in parks. Also have a ton of their skirts, awesome.

I also recommend Jockey Skimmers. They sell them for $12 at Target. Very comfortable

I wear runners compression shorts under my dresses/ skirts at Disney (like bike shorts but a little thicker material so no see thru), they are moisture wicking but no chance of showing off anything. Walmart carries them in Avia and athletic works brands. They also carry an athletic maoisture wicking skirt with these shorts already sewn in.

I do this as well, with the C9 champion shorts Target used to carry.

Sorry if this seems like TMI… but do you wear underpants underneath the Jockey Skimmers?

Thanks!

Sorry if this seems like TMI… but do you wear underpants underneath the Jockey Skimmers?

Thanks!
I wear them under all my slip shorts per my preference, but, unless they are rather see-through, you don't have to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter