Question About Waitlisting

Cfrone

Earning My Ears
I'll preface this by saying I'm pretty sure the answer is no but figured I'd ask in case anyone knows of a "hack" I'm missing...

Currently we have reservations at the new VGF building for November - 3 separate studios (so 3 different reservations). That being said, we'd rather have a 2BR or 3BR at another resort. I believe - and please correct me if I'm wrong - there isn't a way for us to waitlist those 3 studio reservations into 1 2BR/3BR. Like we can create a waitlist to replace 1 of the 3 reservations but since a 2BR/3BR will cost significantly more points that the one studio, the waitlist wouldn't work since we'd need to cancel the other 2 reservations to have enough points (and we dont want to cancel those on the "chance" of getting something else).

Like I said, I'm pretty sure the best "solution" for us is to stalk a 2BR/3BR to become available but if there's a way to waitlist something, please let me know.

Thanks!

I'll preface this by saying I'm pretty sure the answer is no but figured I'd ask in case anyone knows of a "hack" I'm missing...

Currently we have reservations at the new VGF building for November - 3 separate studios (so 3 different reservations). That being said, we'd rather have a 2BR or 3BR at another resort. I believe - and please correct me if I'm wrong - there isn't a way for us to waitlist those 3 studio reservations into 1 2BR/3BR. Like we can create a waitlist to replace 1 of the 3 reservations but since a 2BR/3BR will cost significantly more points that the one studio, the waitlist wouldn't work since we'd need to cancel the other 2 reservations to have enough points (and we dont want to cancel those on the "chance" of getting something else).

Like I said, I'm pretty sure the best "solution" for us is to stalk a 2BR/3BR to become available but if there's a way to waitlist something, please let me know.

Thanks!
This can be done! Simply set up your waitlist request(s) online and then chat/call/email MS and request they add a note of the reservation numbers you want them to cancel if your waitlist comes through. This has worked for me in the past. Of course, I also continue to stalk the website, but it's nice to have the waitlist, too.

As noted, set it up online, choose one to replace, and then have MS add the note to cancel all three to use the points.

When setting up the waitlist, since you don’t want to borrow, make sure you take a screenshot of the confirmation page showing you chose that. It won’t show anywhere else after that and given the unique aspect, you don’t want them to borrow by mistake.

This can be done! Simply set up your waitlist request(s) online and then chat/call/email MS and request they add a note of the reservation numbers you want them to cancel if your waitlist comes through. This has worked for me in the past. Of course, I also continue to stalk the website, but it's nice to have the waitlist, too.

This is incredibly helpful...thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter