Question about reservations

ShellB

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this was asked and answered. I couldn’t find anything.

I’m in SoCal and want to go specifically to Disneyland this week. It shows it’s not available as a single day ticket. When I put a park hopper ticket it shows “California Adventure available as starting park”. So based on that, if I book it, after one o’clock I can go to DL with a park hopper? Yes? Sorry, I know it seems dumb,I feel dumb typing it out🤦🏻‍♀️ I just need confirmation. I don’t want to spend $200 on a park hopper for just Cali Adven.

I am thoroughly confused and this is likely a dumb question but when it says "Disney California Adventure Park Available as Starting Park" does it mean my schedule can be Day 1: DCAP and Day 2: DL?

I am thoroughly confused and this is likely a dumb question but when it says "Disney California Adventure Park Available as Starting Park" does it mean my schedule can be Day 1: DCAP and Day 2: DL?
The kind of ticket you buy makes a difference also. If you buy park hoppers you pick the park you want to start in and then you have the ability to switch parks after 1pm. If you buy one park per day passes then you are picking the park you want to stay in all day on the reservation but you can split that up any way you like. I bought 4 day one park per day passes for example. We like DL park more than DCA so we chose to do 3 of the 4 days at DL and one day at DCA. But you can choose to do it any way you want.

The kind of ticket you buy makes a difference also. If you buy park hoppers you pick the park you want to start in and then you have the ability to switch parks after 1pm. If you buy one park per day passes then you are picking the park you want to stay in all day on the reservation but you can split that up any way you like. I bought 4 day one park per day passes for example. We like DL park more than DCA so we chose to do 3 of the 4 days at DL and one day at DCA. But you can choose to do it any way you want.
Thank you @coaches24. So even if DL shows no availability as a starting park, picking DCA for Day 1 will let me get into DL on day 2 with 1-park per day (or after 1 pm on Day 1 with a park hopper)?

Thank you @coaches24. So even if DL shows no availability as a starting park, picking DCA for Day 1 will let me get into DL on day 2 with 1-park per day (or after 1 pm on Day 1 with a park hopper)?
No you have to reserve each day of your trip. So DL has to have an opening on any day that you want to go to that park on your trip.

With a park hopper you would be able to get into DL after 1pm if it wasnt available to start in, but on a one park per day ticket you would need to find a day that DL has an opening for reservation.

Also you need to make sure you're looking at the correct calendar. It matters:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/av...gments=ticket,ph,resort&defaultSegment=ticket

There are different calendars depending if you are holding a single park or a PH ticket. Some days may have no availability for single park tickets, but have some for PHs. And vice versa.

As coaches said, you can only park hop same day if you have a PH. And can only do so after 1pm if capacity allows. You can only reserve a park that has availability for your ticket type.

But make sure you do scan in to DCA first, otherwise they won’t let you hop into DL. You also won’t be able to try for the 12pm ROTR boarding pass if you haven’t scanned into your first park, at least that’s what is indicated on the website.

Can I ask a different dumb question, while we are at it! Parkhopping allowed at 1pm - does that mean we can go back and forth after that or do we need to stay at the 2nd park for the rest of the day? Thanks!

Can I ask a different dumb question, while we are at it! Parkhopping allowed at 1pm - does that mean we can go back and forth after that or do we need to stay at the 2nd park for the rest of the day? Thanks!

If capacity allows: yes.

It's easier to think of it as "park hopping privileges are not active until after 1pm" rather than "can hop to the other park after 1pm".

Last edited:
If capacity allows: yes.

It's easier to think of it as "park hopping privileges do not active until after 1pm" rather than "can hop to the other park after 1pm".

Thank you! Just wanted to be clear since this is all new!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter