Question about Pop Century room requests..

rwn1026

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with Pop Century room requests.. I just made a reservation for August and the only room category available for my dates was Standard. I'll be with two small kids, so I'm hoping to get a ground floor closer to the lobby with a bathtub. The only thing I was able to request when making the reservation was whether I want a connecting room, which I don't need. Now that I have my reservation, I can go into my account and see location requests, but they only have lake view, landscape view, section, or near stairs, and I don't care about any of those.. Does anyone know if there is some other way to request a ground floor closer to the lobby? If it doesn't show those requests does that mean there are no ground floor rooms or close to lobby rooms left? Or will I be able to request those things closer to check-in? I'm not sure if I should try to change my dates to get a preferred room because I'd hate to have a long walk with 2 little kids. Thank you to anyone who can help..

For something that specific, you'll need to call to add them.

It is best to prioritize your requests so they know which is most important if they cannot meet all 3.

Even with calling, they are ONLY requests. The assigners will do all they can, but there are only so many rooms that meet your criteria.

Ground floor request should not be to hard, but close to lobby is really in the Preferred room category. You can certainly request both and see how it goes.

The request choices you see on the site are not linked in any way to your reservation. In other words, the system doesn't check to see whether you're in a standard room before it displays the choices. It may not even look up the resort you're in. The choices are just a generic list of things a resort guest might request.

Just call the reservation line and tell them you'd like to request a ground floor room close to the lobby with a bathtub.

As far as room requests - Are you concerned about a long walk to the buses, or to a pool? If you're focused on the buses and don't want to upgrade to preferred, ask for a room in building 3 or 6 - both are about a 3 minute walk to the lobby and transportation. You will have to walk a minute or two to get to the pools, but POP isn't oppressively large. But as was mentioned above, you're going to have the most success if you make a single request, or make two requests with a "first priority" and "second choice" request. I.E. is close to the lobby more important, or is ground floor more important? Could you do an upper level room that was close to an elevator?

As far as bathtubs go, if the rooms are all refurbished, I believe none have a full tub anymore. They have a shower that can be closed off as a tub, but the door isn't split so that could present a bit of a challenge if you have to bathe little ones. It would be worth calling the hotel directly to find out if any full tub rooms are even available anymore.

you're going to have the most success if you make a single request, or make two requests with a "first priority" and "second choice" request. I.E. is close to the lobby more important, or is ground floor more important? Could you do an upper level room that was close to an elevator?
Better/best would be to make "bathtub" the primary request. All buildings have elevators so ground floor seems less important, and if building 3 and 6 are three minute walks to the buses, buildings 7-9 are maybe seven minutes.

As far as room requests - Are you concerned about a long walk to the buses, or to a pool? If you're focused on the buses and don't want to upgrade to preferred, ask for a room in building 3 or 6 - both are about a 3 minute walk to the lobby and transportation. You will have to walk a minute or two to get to the pools, but POP isn't oppressively large. But as was mentioned above, you're going to have the most success if you make a single request, or make two requests with a "first priority" and "second choice" request. I.E. is close to the lobby more important, or is ground floor more important? Could you do an upper level room that was close to an elevator?

As far as bathtubs go, if the rooms are all refurbished, I believe none have a full tub anymore. They have a shower that can be closed off as a tub, but the door isn't split so that could present a bit of a challenge if you have to bathe little ones. It would be worth calling the hotel directly to find out if any full tub rooms are even available anymore.
There ARE many rooms still with a full tub. I have stayed in a shower only room and a tub room multiple times since the refurb. And not that it applies to OP but when I was in a shower room, we had friends in the connecting room and their bathroom had a tub.

The request choices you see on the site are not linked in any way to your reservation. In other words, the system doesn't check to see whether you're in a standard room before it displays the choices. It may not even look up the resort you're in. The choices are just a generic list of things a resort guest might request.

Just call the reservation line and tell them you'd like to request a ground floor room close to the lobby with a bathtub.[/QUOTE

I am by no means an expert on all thing WDW and so many things I post are always called out as being wrong. I will simply share my experience from our December trip. Three weeks before our December trip staying at Pop Century I went on line to do on line check in. Under preferences drop down I was offered upper floor, 50’s 60’s or 70’s which was not a generic request because to my knowledge no other resorts have those buildings. We had reserved a preferred room. We chose 70’s and got a third floor room right by the oversized Big Wheel in the 70’s building.

I can only assume that if your request is not on the menu then you should call with your specific requests. I have no knowledge of how they react to request made by either on line or by phone other than my personal experiences.

I am by no means an expert on all thing WDW and so many things I post are always called out as being wrong. I will simply share my experience from our December trip. Three weeks before our December trip staying at Pop Century I went on line to do on line check in. Under preferences drop down I was offered upper floor, 50’s 60’s or 70’s which was not a generic request because to my knowledge no other resorts have those buildings. We had reserved a preferred room. We chose 70’s and got a third floor room right by the oversized Big Wheel in the 70’s building.

What @Lynne M meant was the options for requests online are generic for each resort. Meaning, for every guest that is booked at Pop the requests will be exactly the same no matter what type of room you have booked. So back in December, everyone booked at Pop saw the exact same options as you did no matter what room type they had booked. So in some cases, most of the options will not be possible and therefore a wasted request. Which is why it is almost always best to call and add any room requests so you are not limited to the online options.

What she said was the choices are generic and it may not even look at the resort you are in. From my personal experience it knows what resort you are in. Otherwise it would not offer you building choices unique to a resort. Further from personal experience having booked a preferred room in December the only building choices I had were 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. My son and daughter in law who were there a week later with a standard room reservation were not given those choices. I make no claims as to what choices are there and no knowledge of how the system works and will not speculate as to how it works but merely share my personal experiences.

What she said was the choices are generic and it may not even look at the resort you are in. From my personal experience it knows what resort you are in. Otherwise it would not offer you building choices unique to a resort. Further from personal experience having booked a preferred room in December the only building choices I had were 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. My son and daughter in law who were there a week later with a standard room reservation were not given those choices. I make no claims as to what choices are there and no knowledge of how the system works and will not speculate as to how it works but merely share my personal experiences.

There HAVE been times when those pre-populated things DID display things for other resorts for some accidental reason. Back before they were inoperable period for a long while.

Ground floor request should not be to hard, but close to lobby is really in the Preferred room category. You can certainly request both and see how it goes.

Not necessarily true - there are rooms that are close to the lobby that are not preferred. We've stayed in the 50s section multiple times and the walk was shorter than from some preferred rooms.

OP, I would call and have them note on your reservation what you would like in order of priority. I would say ground floor, with a tub, near the lobby/transportation. There are plenty of standard rooms that are not far from the lobby.

Hello My Dis family! Can anyone please let me know which building or location for a "preferred room" is best to request to get a room with the shortest distance to the main building with food and etc. as well as Buses which I would assume would also be close to the main building? or if it's any easier, are there any buildings to avoid staying in? Lastly does anyone have the direct line to call Pop Century resort? Thanks so much for ant help!
@iKnowAguy4

Hello My Dis family! Can anyone please let me know which building or location for a "preferred room" is best to request to get a room with the shortest distance to the main building with food and etc. as well as Buses which I would assume would also be close to the main building?

Building 1 or 10.

or if it's any easier, are there any buildings to avoid staying in?

Not really. The Preferred View rooms are categorized as such because they are the closest to the main building/food court/buses.

Lastly does anyone have the direct line to call Pop Century resort? Thanks so much for ant help!
@iKnowAguy4

There isn't one. There is no way to call any WDW resort directly, even from the phone in your room on site. All calls route to a Call Center. You will find numbers online that are marked as direct to the resorts, but they all route to the call center.

When making room requests just call the main reservations line and add them to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

For standard rooms you could choose any decade, landscape view, lake view, highest floor, or near stairs.

One building my friend and I chose near the lobby was not a preferred room one, and that was the building with 6xxx (don't know building number, it was the Mickey telephone building. Building 6?) rooms. Try that if looking for something close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter