emmett w.smith jr.

Mouseketeer
I have so question about the Disney crusie rom nyc to Puerto Rico

1. Do you need a pass port
2. where does the ship go when it leaves nyc
3. what is there to do on the island
4. where is the castway club check in
5. what do you get as i am sliver member as a gift

1. While always recommended when leaving the country, if the ship returns to the same port it left from in the US then you would just need a birth certificate and photo ID. BUT if it is a repositioning cruise - leaving from one port and disembarking at another, then yes you would need a passport.

2. What is the itinerary? That tells you where it goes.

3. Which one? If you mean PR, I personally was not impressed with San Juan, but most people love it. If you mean Castaway Cay that is heaven on earth!!

4. There will be signs directing you inside the terminal.

5. Currently a sling bag.

You do not need a passport to visit Puerto Rico. It is a US territory. Only your DL is required. BUT, if the ship stops at any other foreign port along the way, your passport will be required for readmission to the US. Im not sure what that itinerary looks like, but since you have no control over potential unscheduled port calls, I would bring one on a cruise to PR.

Passports are easy to get on short notice right now. The turn around time is about 2 weeks for expedited service, and I am hearing its only a little longer for standard service.

You do not need a passport to visit Puerto Rico. It is a US territory. Only your DL is required. BUT, if the ship stops at any other foreign port along the way, your passport will be required for readmission to the US. Im not sure what that itinerary looks like, but since you have no control over potential unscheduled port calls, I would bring one on a cruise to PR.

Passports are easy to get on short notice right now. The turn around time is about 2 weeks for expedited service, and I am hearing its only a little longer for standard service.

If you are on a closed-loop cruise - you start and end in the same port - you are correct.

I believe that the OP is asking about a repositioning cruise that starts in NYC and ends in San Juan. That is an open-loop cruise and would in fact require a passport.

There was a lot of confusion from Disney about this cruise this past November. First they said you did need one (or a passport card). Then they said you didn't. It caused some confusion. In any case, I'd definitely get a passport.

This year's cruise goes to Tortola and St. Maarten before ending in San Juan. Plenty to do on the islands from a beach day to walking around the port to an excursion. What do you want to do? The cruise is a Very Merrytime Cruise which is always a lot of fun. Highly recommend it.

Attachments

• Passport.png
    Passport.png
    217.2 KB · Views: 0
  • No Passport.png
    No Passport.png
    304.2 KB · Views: 0
If you are on a closed-loop cruise - you start and end in the same port - you are correct.

I believe that the OP is asking about a repositioning cruise that starts in NYC and ends in San Juan. That is an open-loop cruise and would in fact require a passport.
Go reread what I posted.

Travel to and from only Puerto Rico never requires a passport. Its like going from New York to Port Canaveral. Now, if the cruise stops anywhere, then yes, you will need a passport. And coincidentally, there are closed loop cruises which do require a passport, because the port stop requires one. This is why I said, look at the itinerary and apply the rules above.

Sorry, you're not correct.

"Disney will on occasion offer one-way sailings leaving from the U.S. mainland to San Juan or vice versa. In these instances the following documentation is required:
  • Original valid U.S. Passport
  • Original valid U.S. Passport Card
  • Original valid Trusted Traveler Card (NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
Guests who are legal permanent residents of the U.S. must provide a valid original Legal Permanent Resident Card, also known as a “Green Card,” or “Alien Resident Card (ARC).” Photocopies are not acceptable."

Alternatively,
"US Citizens on closed-loop cruises (cruises that begin and end in the same U.S. port) and travel to destinations in Mexico, Canada, the Caribbean, the Bahamas, and Bermuda are able to re-enter the United States with proof of citizenship other than a passport or passport card. Acceptable proof of citizenship includes an original or certified copy of a government issued birth certificate (raised seal and signature) and a laminated government issued picture ID (typically, driver's license), Consular Report of Born Abroad Certificate, or a Certificate of Naturalization. NOTE: Baptismal records and certificates issued by a hospital are not acceptable." A passport would be needed if you were disembarked for any reason, but are NOT required to board a close-loop cruise from a US port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter