• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about NASCAR experience

PoohGirl&Guy

Earning My Ears
Has anyone out there tried the "NASCAR Driving Experience"? I know it's run thru Petty Driving School and I do believe its on Disney property.

My DH is a NASCAR and Disney junkie and thought it might be fun for him to actually drive a race car on our next Disney vacation in November 2004.

If anyone has tried this, I was wondering if it was worth it, fun, etc...

Thanks in advance for any feedback and/or information on this.

Back a few years ago my boyfriend (also a huge NASCAR fan) and I went to the track at Disney.
He did the "ride-along" and loved it. I think it was $99. You get in the car, all the cars are painted like different drivers' in the Cup series, with a professional driver (not famous, just professional) and go around the track 3 times. They get up to about 165mph.
They do have other "experiences," such as a driving school, where you attend a full day or half day of class and then you and your classmates each get to drive a car around the track a number of laps (the more laps, the more cost). There were quite a few classes going on while we were there, it was fun to watch.

Sometime later, in Las Vegas, I joined him and did a ride along and boy it is a gas!! They did it differently there, they put two cars out at the same time and you "race" each other. YIKES!!

Overall, I was impressed in both sites with the professionalism and friendliness of the staff. I highly recommend it.

Here's a link to the driving school site.

http://www.1800bepetty.com/index2.html

Have fun!!

Sheryl

First I would do a search in this board on "Richard Petty". It has had quite a few threads lately. I just booked this for my DH for 3/13/04. He is doing the rookie expierence where you get to drive for 8 laps after a safety class. Supposedly the whole thing is about 3hrs. It cost $403.64 and is nonrefundable under 30 days. Also, it had to be paid in full when I made the reservation. We've seen the ride along program at Daytona and DH was really interested.

I SURPRISED MY BF ON FEB. 6TH WITH THE ROOKIE EXP. (8 LAPS)
WE ARRIVED AT 7:30AM AND WERE THERE UNTIL NOON. HE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT AND CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN.

ANY QUESTIONS, FEEL FREE TO ASK ME.

LAH

I did this for my DH's 40th birthday here in MI. He enjoyed it so much that he wanted to do it again in WDW during our December trip. You know how important it is to compare the driving experience on different tracks! So, he got that as his Christmas present! I've gone along both times to watch and take pictures, and we both think it is worth the $$.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter