Question about my cherry tree.

tc

<font color=blue>Miracles are amazing!<br><font co
We've lived in our house for 4 years. The builder put in our front yard, and planted a cherry tree at the time. It is now well above my roof line. The problem is that small shoots are growing up around the trunk. This has been happening for the last three years. I'm assuming they are tree shoots, they are not weeds, you can tell they are trees growing. How can I stop this. I cut them back all summer long, but they continue to grow. The only remedy I can think of is digging up the tree, but here in Colorado, you just hate the dig up what few trees we have. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Just bumping up... Anyone have an answer for this?

I have no answers other then to keep cutting these shoots.

Some of the fruit trees are famous for this. I think this happens when the roots become damaged. Sometimes it caused from digging around the tree, sometimes from mowing and sometimes it just natural. Roots rubbing against each other or against rocks. This causes a crack in the outer layer of the root and shoots develope from this damaged area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter