Question about IDs

Melora

Disney Dreaming
We are traveling with 8 people in January including my trans daughter who is 26.
Not sure if she has changed her ID to reflect her new name (this is a relatively new transition for her) so I’m wondering if they are going to ask for all the adults IDs Upon check in.
ill check to see if she has an amended license but if not I’m checking to see if I need to put whatever name is still on there for hassle free check in.
We haven’t been to the parks for 11 years and up until now the only adults who ever traveled were me and my late husband. Now everyone is an adult except for the grandkid.

I don't recall ever showing an ID at check in.
If so I think it was only the lead on the reservation.
But now with online check in if you choose to do it you will get your room number when its ready and you don't need to go to the front desk.
However if she wants an alcoholic beverage she will need to show ID. Plus if you are flying she will need to show ID.
So those are things you may need to take into consideration.

She is buying her own plane fare so I will sure to tell her to use whichever name is on her license.
thanks for the info!

Only the person actually doing the physical check-in at the front desk would be asked for an ID. The rest of the party won't be asked. Of course, if you do the on-line check in you won't even need to think about that.

The only time I have been asked for ID in the parks is at Epcot in order to get into the DVC lounge. You have to present your Blue card and a photo ID with a matching name. There may be other times when trying to use DVC or AP privileges that they will ask for an ID as well.

The only time I have been asked for ID in the parks is at Epcot in order to get into the DVC lounge. You have to present your Blue card and a photo ID with a matching name. There may be other times when trying to use DVC or AP privileges that they will ask for an ID as well.

I have been asked a number of times when ordering alcohol.

On a related note, Disney recently added Mx prefix to the reservation website and I was able to change my NB kid's name and prefix. When I booked my last trip, the required prefixes were either male or female and there was a requirement to check male or female. I was very uncomfortable with that. They decided to use a shortenend version of their given name so we don't expect any issues with ID.

I got IDed twice ordering beer at the pool at Poly, and that's uh not looks-based.

Only lead guest needs ID to check in, maybe not even that. It might just give you a room number in mobile check in.

The only times I've had to show ID were:
at the guard shack when first arriving at the resort
any time I was buying alcohol
any time I was using my AP discount

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter