Question about HRH rooms...

wdwphanatic

Mouseketeer
Do they have refrigerators?? I know they offer a minibar in the rooms, but just wondered, if we bought items from the grocery store, we could store them in our room... I assume there are no microwaves in the room, but are there any elsewhere in the hotel that we could use to heat up food we brought with us?? Just wondering whether it would be worth making a grocery stop on the way to the HRH this week! :)

Thanks for the help,
Sarah

I know the answer to this b/c I called awhile back. They have refrigerators for rent $15/day. We are doing the same thing-but getting a styrofoam cooler at the store we stop at and replenish milk as needed in store at HRH. Ice should be on floor- Do not know about microwave but maybe someone else will!!! have fun and give us a report when you return . We go in about 5 weeks!!!

I was also told that you could rent fridges for $15 a day. Also, when I checked-in (this was last year) I was asked if I wanted a key to the minibar. The gentleman checking me in also told me that they could remove everything in the minibar fridge for $25 if I wanted to use the fridge for other things. I agreed since it would be a lot cheaper to do that instead of rent one from them for $15 a day. The fridge was emptied and we used it all week long. However, the $25 charge never showed up on my bill. I'm assuming the charge was left off accidentally.

I was also told that you can rent microwaves for $15 a day. I'm not sure if there's one elsewhere in the hotel that you can use.

Hope this helps! :D

Sounds like cleaning out the minibar fridge for $25 would be the best bet, as we'll be there for 4 nights... How much can that fridge hold?? I also like the suggestion of buying a cooler -- that would probably be the cheapest way to go of all. I'm not sure renting a microwave for $15/day would be worth it, however, as I doubt we'll be in the room that much to justify the cost. What doe you guys think???

Thanks again for the last-minute help,
Sarah

The fridges have 2 shelves and some space on the door. They're mini fridges but not super small. I'm going to be staying at RPR in April and I think I'm going to do as essmom suggested and bring a cooler and keep it filled with ice from the ice machine. I can spend the $25 on something else. I had used the fridge to store canned soda's, yogurt, etc. and all of that stuff will fit into a cooler just fine. :D

I think they have microwaves available for use on the ground floor in the store by Emack & Bolios. They sell microwavable items there and you can cook them in the microwave. I do not know about microwaving things you do not buy in the store. I'd think they would frown on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter