Question about HPT!

Even a faint line counts as a positive! With this pregnancy, the first test I took was extremely faint. Two days later I bought a digital and it said "Pregnant". Just had my first ultrasound yesterday and we have a healthy little jelly bean bouncing around in there.

Best of luck today! Let us know what happens!

So...I took two more tests, one last night and one this morning with first urine and both of them came back with a faint second line. Called my dr and just went in and had my blood drawn. I'll have the results back in 4-6 hours. I'll keep you posted and let you all know once I find out! :scared1:

Thanks for checking back with me!

Duh Duh duhhhhhh... The results are in:

P O S I T I V E!

As usual, you were all right. Wow, I just found out and it's still sinking in. Since it was unexpected I'm sure it will take a little while.

Thanks everyone for taking my little journey with me!

P O S I T I V E!

As usual, you were all right. Wow, I just found out and it's still sinking in. Since it was unexpected I'm sure it will take a little while.

Congrats! Hoep you have a H&H9mths!! :goodvibes

Congrats ! And just be thankful that you CAN get pregnant. I was only 24 when I had my DS (3) and that took a year of waiting and finally giving in to fertility drugs. Now we are trying for #2 and so far no such luck. I know this wasn't expected but sometimes life's greatest blessings are surprises !! Enjoy your newest little one !!!

Congratulations- you're pregnant! A faint line is still a line. There are no false positives- only false negatives.
YAYYY!!!!!:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
I love babies! What a wonderful surprise.
-Sarah

All the signs are there, 6 days late, extremely tired, a couple of days of light bleeding-which I had last time during implantation.

Oh yeah, you're pregnant! Same thing happened to me with #4. Felt sick to my stomach and exhausted for over a week. I started freaking out that there was something seriously wrong with me. Then did a HPT and got a faint line. Did another one the next day and still got a faint line. Figured I was PG and tried another one when I was closer to when I should have gotten my period and the second line came up as soon as the pee hit the stick.

Did you read the test during the time limit stated on the box? You can get a false positive if you read the test after the time limit. I would suggest taking a test with FMU and make sure you read it within 5 minutes of taking it.

P O S I T I V E!

Looks like you will have a wee little one with you on your net trip!! LOL! Congrats!

Congrats!!! I found out we were pregnant in February! Had to cancel our free bounceback dining trip...we were supposed be in WDW all next week! LOL Baby ruined it...can't fly at 37 weeks. :goodvibes :rotfl2:

Hope you have a happy & healthy pregnancy and a happy & healthy baby!

P O S I T I V E!

:dance3: :yay: Congratulations!! :yay: :dance3:

Congratulations- you're pregnant! A faint line is still a line. There are no false positives- only false negatives.
YAYYY!!!!!:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
I love babies! What a wonderful surprise.
-Sarah

This is not technically true. While rare, there are false positives that can occur due to faulty tests or chemical pregnancies.

P O S I T I V E!

I just came across this and thought I'd tell you this to make it less of a :scared1: maybe.

DH and I always said we'd have 2 kids. After 2 he went to schedule the big snip. He had to wait because our insurance required you to have 3 kids, be at least 30, or wait one year. While waiting, guess what??? Well, my little suprise is 6 now, and my life without her would be... I can't even imagine. A power higher than me felt 3 was the right number for me and I am so greatful. She is such an amazing little girl and I am SOOOOOO glad for that insurance rule. She was and is the greatest surprise that I ever got and I know your little one will be that for you too. Best Wishes to your family...

Did you read the test during the time limit stated on the box? You can get a false positive if you read the test after the time limit. I would suggest taking a test with FMU and make sure you read it within 5 minutes of taking it.

I just recently had an incident a couple months ago. Didn't even think I was pregnant, Aunt flow wasn't due for another 5 days but I had a test and just took it for some random reason. Of course it was negative after the required 5 minutes. So I hop in the shower and start my day. Probably about a half hour later I look at the test and my eyes jump out of my head when I see a faint line. I try and calm myself because it was past the 10 minutes so it must be innaccurate. I went out and bought a digital for a no question answer, didn't want to deal with "is that a line, how long has it been?" So got that knowing it will be negative, I hear the beep and "pregnant". Second test agreed. 15 weeks along now.

I just came across this and thought I'd tell you this to make it less of a :scared1: maybe.

DH and I always said we'd have 2 kids. After 2 he went to schedule the big snip. He had to wait because our insurance required you to have 3 kids, be at least 30, or wait one year. While waiting, guess what??? Well, my little suprise is 6 now, and my life without her would be... I can't even imagine. A power higher than me felt 3 was the right number for me and I am so greatful. She is such an amazing little girl and I am SOOOOOO glad for that insurance rule. She was and is the greatest surprise that I ever got and I know your little one will be that for you too. Best Wishes to your family...

Once we got over the initial shock we got pretty excited. After getting home from WDW last week, we decided that two was enough for us. No more trying to decide about #3, well little did we know that #3 was already on its way. Since we so desperately wanted a little girl, maybe this was God's way of giving us that gift that we otherwise probably wouldn't of had. Of course as long as it's healthy I'll be okay, but just the remote possibility that this could be my little girl has me sooo excited. `

Thanks everyone for all your comments and stories, I love to hear them all. Anyone else have anything they would like to share?

I had this whole thing typed and somehow deleted it! Argh...

This thread is about to take a downward spiral. On Tuesday I started spotting and went to the DR on Thursday for an ultrasound. We found out there was no sack visible on the ultrasound which was not possible for someone that was to be 6 weeks pregnant. In talking to the nurse we found out the three possibilities: ectopic pregnancy, a pregnancy that isn't viable or a pregnancy that is very early on. The only way to tell would be to have my blood drawn. The number came back at 620 which meant-no ectopic-thank god. The only way to tell which of the others it was was to have my blood drawn on Saturday to see which way the numbers were going. I haven't heard back from the dr on those results but I don't think I need to, I know what's happening since I started bleeding more.

This is my first miscarriage and I'm doing surprisingly well. I had my moments on Thursday and Friday but I've finally come to accept the fact. I guess I never thought this would happen to me but it did. I'm just glad that this happened when it did because I couldn't imagine this happening any further along, and that I'm thankful for. Well, my friends, I just wanted to let you know what has been going on with me for the last roller coaster of a week. Since you were there in the beginning, I thought it only fair you were there in the end. Thanks for listening.

I know exactly how you feel...a month ago I was 6 days late. I had my tubes tied after my youngest was born 3 1/2 years ago and have never been late. I took a test and the same thing - a faint line took another the next morning and same thing. I was in complete shock - just like you. We weren't planning on another, but if it was meant to be I was ok with it. Well 2 days later I started bleeding and they believe that I miscarried.

It is amazing that this was something that you weren't planning, but accepted with open arms and it the blink of an eye it is gone and still it breaks your heart because you were already thinking of the future. Like you I have 2 boys (and a stepson) and the thought of a girl was wonderful.

Hugs and prayers to you during this difficult time.:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter