Question about fish n chips at Epcot

newfiegirl

Hello Mickey!
Last time we were at disney we walked around the world pavilion and my husband remembers smelling and seeing delicious fish and chips around the England section (people were lined up outside and walking around with it). Just wondering if anyone knows what place he is talking about???

I don't think it's nearly as good as it used to be. They changed the recipe a few years ago.

Yorkshire County Fish House....just outside the Rose and Crown. YUM!

We had it in Dec. and it was great! The 3 of us shared 2 orders (2 adults and 1 child). Maybe it was because we were starving, but it was the best fish and chips I have ever had on this side of the pond;)

It's no longer the "Harry Ramsden's" fish and chips. It's still pretty decent, just part of the widespread changes in recent years. That issue has been beat to death on this board, though.

I don't think it's nearly as good as it used to be. They changed the recipe a few years ago.

2nd this!! I thought it was only us, but apparently it isn't

Second this.

I only had the chips but my family had both and they were pretty bland. It was when they first opened up and maybe we got a batch from a fryer with new oil that hadn't been broken in yet. May be it also had something to do with the rain.

Here's a funny story we sit down near the lagoon where there was some cover and from a table near by I hear a very English accent say "We all came 2,000 miles to have fish and chips in the rain".

The reason why I think its busy is that its one of the few places in the WS that most Americans would call "regular food".

We are also in the group who doesn't eat there anymore. It's not awful but there's better food to be had in other stops in the WS.

I also think it is not as good as it used to be. Based on my past experience, the reason for the long line is because service is very S-L-O-W !!!! Don't mistake counterservice for "fast" food!! LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter