Question about Eastern Cruise

momtostitchandbuzz

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We are planning on going on an eastern cruise in either the beginning of November or December of this year. I can't decide on which month to go. Just wondering if anyone knew if there was much difference between traveling those two months? Is the weather about the same for those two travel months? Is getting to see the cruise decorated for Christmas something we should consider? Just wondering! Thanks in advance.

We cruised the week after Thanksgiving to the Eastern & the weather was nice. It was a little windy one day & snorkeling excursion was cancelled. The ship was decorated for Christmas & it was awesome. (that was in 2006)
We have booked for Dec 3, 2011 and cannot wait...we have a little one this time so Christmas decor should be fun & cannot wait for her to get into the water at Castaway Cay.....
In my opinion I think you will be fine either week.

We went Dec 4, 2010 and the weather was great. (it did rain the entire time in St Maarten.. but only the one side of the island)
The water was too cold for me. (but kids and dh went in).

it was great to see the ship decorated for Christmas etc.

We cruised the week after Thanksgiving to the Eastern & the weather was nice. It was a little windy one day & snorkeling excursion was cancelled. The ship was decorated for Christmas & it was awesome. (that was in 2006)
We have booked for Dec 3, 2011 and cannot wait...we have a little one this time so Christmas decor should be fun & cannot wait for her to get into the water at Castaway Cay.....
In my opinion I think you will be fine either week.

I have also cruised the week after Thanksgiving and second week in December. St. Martin & St. Thomas were both in the 80's and CC was warm one time and cool another.

The ship is beautifully decorated during Christmas season.

Have fun!

We returned from the Eastern NYE cruise. (Late Dec, early January). While the ports were warm and the water was okay. The days at sea, heading out of Florida were a bit cool and Windy. Depending on where you are from it could still be nicer than a snowy, raining, foggy place. I would assume Nov would be warmer than Dec and Jan.

Pick what dates work best for your schedule and go with it. I assume Christmas decorations start going up right after Halloween.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter