Question about DVC villa trade

eryn the pooh

Mouseketeer
Figured I'd try here to see if anyone has any info on this:

I have a 2 bedroom villa rented with DVC points, however the other people are no longer coming. I have 2 waitlists activated for a 1 bedroom, but....Is it possible, if I posted "looking to trade" to look for someone who happens to have a 1 bedroom on the same dates but wants a 2 bedroom, and trade with them? And transfer the points differences over?

Just thought I'd see if thats an option :)

Thanks if anyone knows!

I would go on Facebook and look for the "DVC Fan - Rent/Trade" group.

I have a 2 bedroom villa rented with DVC points, however the other people are no longer coming. I have 2 waitlists activated for a 1 bedroom, but....Is it possible, if I posted "looking to trade" to look for someone who happens to have a 1 bedroom on the same dates but wants a 2 bedroom, and trade with them? And transfer the points differences over?

Thanks if anyone knows!
If you are not the owner of the DVC points that booked the 2 BR, you cannot do anything. Or did you mean you are the owner and rented out the points for the 2 BR but now only need a 1 BR? If you are the owner, you might have some luck with the Rent/Transfer board, although I don’t know what the DISboards rules are regarding trades of confirmed reservations.

Thanks if anyone knows!

I don't think that's an option. If you don't own the points, the DVC owner is unlikely to want to do this.

I don't think that's an option. If you don't own the points, the DVC owner is unlikely to want to do this.
I’m wondering whether they mean they have a 2 BR booked with DVC points that they own. I agree that if they are not the owner and did in fact rent the reservation from an owner, they have no option as far as trading or otherwise changing the reservation - the owner is in control.

Im the owner, guess I used the word "rented" incorrectly. I have booked a 2 bedroom. I only need a 1 bedroom now. I have 2 waitlists going for a 1 bedroom, but just thought Id ask if anyone knew if it was a possibility to look for someone who might happen to want a 2 bedroom but only have a 1 bedroom on the same dates. Didn't really think it was, but just thought I would check...

Im the owner, guess I used the word "rented" incorrectly. I have booked a 2 bedroom. I only need a 1 bedroom now. I have 2 waitlists going for a 1 bedroom, but just thought Id ask if anyone knew if it was a possibility to look for someone who might happen to want a 2 bedroom but only have a 1 bedroom on the same dates. Didn't really think it was, but just thought I would check...
As the owner, you’re able to do as you wish with that reservation. Hope your waitlist comes through or you find a trade! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter