question about dining in Japan (epcot)

wildernesslodgelover

<font color=darkorchid>LOTW charter member!<br><fo
I see on allearsnet.com there is "Tepppan Edo" and there is "Tokyo Dining" and they have similar menus. My question is this...is TE only a hibachi grill...where the chef does a Benihana style routine, you sit with other people, you order an item that is prepared in front of you, etc...or are you able to sit at a table and order just sushi for dinner?

As many times as I have been to WDW, we have never dined there, or even seen the interior of this restaurant! We have so many tried and true favorites (Boma breakfast and dinner, Chef Mickey's breakfast, Biergarten dinner, Flying Fish dinner etc) that we have to force ourselves to try new places every now and then! So any input in Japan dining is welcome. thanks!

Teppan Edo is a hibachi style restaurant where you will sit with other people (I think there are 8 seats at the table?) and the chef cooks in front of you. The food is quite good, but they do not do fried rice so this will be different from what you are accustomed to if you go to these styles of restaurants at home. This is one of our favorite meals in Epcot.

Tokyo Dining is regular seating at individual tables and is more of a sushi styled restaurant. It is much less popular than Teppan Edo, although I don't know why - if you like sushi the food is quite good. Probably because people prefer the "show" of Teppan Edo.

I see on allearsnet.com there is "Tepppan Edo" and there is "Tokyo Dining" and they have similar menus. My question is this...is TE only a hibachi grill...where the chef does a Benihana style routine, you sit with other people, you order an item that is prepared in front of you, etc...or are you able to sit at a table and order just sushi for dinner?
[/QUOTE

Teppan Edo is like Benihana"s. Tokyo Dining is sit down at a table and meal is served.
We are also creatures of habit although this year we will be trying "The Wave",Yak n Yeti and Tusker House.
I so want to go back to Biergarten but 2 years ago we had such a bad experience the DH and DS don't want to go back. (seated between 2 parties next to the dance floor....had a terrible server...never cleared table or refilled drinks... terribly loud...right next to dance floor...couldnt even hear each other across the table)
I am trying to convince them to go there for lunch....maybe it will be quieter.

Teppen Edo is a must do every trip for us. It's good food & we have so much fun there. Definately not like the ones at home. In my opinion.:banana:

We tried Teppan Edo for the first time this June. It was fabulous, I'm so glad we did!! I thought the food was delicious. I had the steak/shrimp combo, and the tempora appetizer. The stir fry noodles and veggies were very yummy. You are seated at a table around the hot grill. Our chef put on a great show - my boys loved it. He had food and utensils flying!!! The made a volcano with the onion rings and put oil/water inside to make it steam. Then he played tic-tac-toe with the onion rings and zucchini sticks. It was a great meal!!!

Thanks so much for the quick responses! Looks like a meal in japan is a must do. Since we will be with our DD, I guess we better book TE, as opposed to TD. I am assuming DH and I can share sushi as an appetizer prior to the hibachi style meal.

We only have 4 nights, and one night is Flying Fish FOR SURE (we are staying at BCV, have a "date night" with hubby, DD will stay at the Camp Dolphin for the evening...that's her favorite kid's club) and one night is MNSSHP. That only leave TWO nights for new places. :( I really want to try Sanaa, also...but I also wanted to try the Wave. Oh, what to do, what to do? Too many restaurants, too little time!

gr8tdame-I am so sorry you had a bad experience at BG. I can see where that can happen. We have dined there about 4 times (dinner only) and one time we were seated with a party of 5 that kept to themselves...and a solo older man. The older man monopolized my poor DH....I mean, the older man was nice enough, and we are a very friendly family...but he talked my DH's ear off, about health problems, financial issues, etc.

Other times we have been seated with other families that have children the same age as our DD, and it was a BLAST! My DD and the kids stayed on the dance floor, the husbands bonded over beer, I chit chatted with the wives...two times we ended up walking around the park with the other families to enjoy Illuminations! I wouldn't mind skipping it, but it is the one restaurant my DH always requests I make an ADR for --and he is so cool about our multiple WDW trips, I try to keep him happy!:goodvibes

if you're doing deluxe dining plan, sushi is not allowed on the plan, just an FYI. But obviously you can pay OOP for it. Other than that, we LOVE TE and are planning on going there again in Sept. It's a beautiful restaurant and the service is amazing. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter