Question about COVID testing for Upcoming Cruises

jcassala

Earning My Ears
Hi there! We aren't new to Disney, but are scheduled for our first Disney cruise next month. I know that COVID tests are required prior to and the day of cruising. However, I am wondering for the day of cruise who will be performing the tests? I know there are some tests where you can swab yourself, so I am wondering if this might be an option? I am just concerned because I don't think my young children are going to feel comfortable with someone they don't know sticking a swab up their nose. Or perhaps they'll do the saliva test for the little ones? We really want to try to make this work, just trying to weigh out the pros and cons. Thanks in advance for any insihgt or knowledge you might have about this, I couldn't find this detail anywhere when looking through the details.

I think they give the swab to you to swab, then hand back. You may find some UK cruise vlogs on YouTube to watch the process so the kids can see what it is like.

That would make things much easier!! I hope that's the case. I will check out some of the UK cruise vlogs, thanks for the suggestion!

That would make things much easier!! I hope that's the case. I will check out some of the UK cruise vlogs, thanks for the suggestion!

I just watched a vlog, and if they keep the process the same, then yes it's self administered! I did the same test at the Walgreens drive through, very easy. The test administrator counts to five while you swab and it really is not too bad.

Hi there! We aren't new to Disney, but are scheduled for our first Disney cruise next month. I know that COVID tests are required prior to and the day of cruising. However, I am wondering for the day of cruise who will be performing the tests? I know there are some tests where you can swab yourself, so I am wondering if this might be an option? I am just concerned because I don't think my young children are going to feel comfortable with someone they don't know sticking a swab up their nose. Or perhaps they'll do the saliva test for the little ones? We really want to try to make this work, just trying to weigh out the pros and cons. Thanks in advance for any insihgt or knowledge you might have about this, I couldn't find this detail anywhere when looking through the details.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter