Question about cancellation and rebooking

prov3v56

Blessed in more ways than I can count!
I am sorry if this has already been asked before but here goes!

My family of four (all adults) is currently booked on a June 2021 cruise in one room. At this point we are just waiting for Disney to cancel the cruise to receive the 125% (we are pif). We are looking at booking 2 connecting inside rooms for June 2022. How will the 125% work? Can we split that between both rooms or will it only be applied to one of the rooms?

Thank you!

The 125% is linked to the individuals on the original booking. So, yes, you can book 2 connecting rooms with the 125% if the same 4 people are cruising.

i am PIF for our cruise too and it may be cancelled I rebooked the same cruise for next year and its 185.00 cheaper then i paid for this year. If I get 125% back what happens to the extra money? plus the deposits we had to pay for rebooking?

i am PIF for our cruise too and it may be cancelled I rebooked the same cruise for next year and its 185.00 cheaper then i paid for this year. If I get 125% back what happens to the extra money? plus the deposits we had to pay for rebooking?
You get on board credit for any remaining balance if your new cruise cost less than your prior booking.

we are scheduled for a September 2021 cruise, but not paid in full yet. Is it a smart idea to pay in full now so that I can get the 125% back to reschedule?

My understanding is the taxes/port fees are refunded back to your original form of payment. Then 125% of what you paid for the cruise itself can be put on the new cruise you just booked. If you still have credit, it’s put on your on-board account to use for anything you’d normally put on a room charge (with no cash refund if you don’t spend it all).

I’ve read mixed answers here about whether you can buy gift cards in the shop for unused credit or if you can use that credit for a placeholder or deposit placed on the next cruise while on-board. I’ve read that you *can* use the credit to pay taxes/port fees on the new cruise but that seems odd to me? 🤷‍♀️

I don’t know what happens to the deposit you just paid for the new cruise. We did the same thing as you and I have the same question. I’m hoping the deposit will be refunded? If not, I’ll have a ton more credit than I want.

(Side note: No guarantees they’ll offer 125% FCC when they cancel upcoming cruises. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t but it’s not an official policy or on-going promise they’ve made.)

I’ve read that you *can* use the credit to pay taxes/port fees on the new cruise but that seems odd to me?

Yes, when you apply the FCC to a rebooked cruise, you can use it to cover the full cost of the new cruise including the taxes and port fees. (Been through three cancelations/rebookings at this point.) Only with my first cancelation did I get the taxes/fees refunded back to me, because I paid for them with "real" money.

Thanks! And that’s a good clarification- first time your cruise was canceled, they refunded you cash because you’d paid cash. Each time after, your refunded taxes/fees were in FCC because you’d paid in FCC. Is this correct?

It surprises me that they let you use FCC on taxes/fees since those are charged by a third party (not DCL) but the 25% part of FCC isn’t “real” money- at least not how I’m thinking of it. But I’m glad to know it works that way so thank you for replying!

Yes, when you apply the FCC to a rebooked cruise, you can use it to cover the full cost of the new cruise including the taxes and port fees. (Been through three cancelations/rebookings at this point.) Only with my first cancelation did I get the taxes/fees refunded back to me, because I paid for them with "real" money.

And just in case anyone was wondering, if you have a LOT of FCC credit (we did) they did allow us to use it on booking multiple cruises. We were actually cancelled for one cruise, rebooked using the FCC to 2 cruises this year, and since those will most likely be cancelled, we moved the funds to a cruise to next year instead and cancelled this year's cruises.

Jumping in on this thread with a similar question - I hope it’s okay!

We had a placeholder cruise booked for last summer (2020). This was one of the older placeholders that still includes the onboard credit. We rescheduled the cruise way before anything was cancelled because we knew we wouldn’t be comfortable cruising at that time, so we aren’t paid in full yet.

We’re currently booked for this July (right before our placeholder would expire) with just the placeholder deposit, but I’m guessing this cruise will eventually be cancelled. With the paid in full extension date, and the “relaxed” cancellation schedule, we’re at a point where we have to make a decision. We wouldn’t be ready to cruise this summer even if the cruise still sailed, but I’m hoping that Disney will cancel it and possibly extend our placeholder credit (wishful thinking - if this happens, I’d rebook for summer 2022!). For this reason, I’m tempted to pay it in full if the due date gets close, and then ride it out and see what happens.The money wouldn’t be an issue, but I don’t know if paying it knowing we don’t want to go this summer is a smart move. The full refund option (if it doesn’t get cancelled) is only about a month from now, and I don’t know if the decision to cancel summer 2021 cruises would be made that soon.

We’re new to cruising (this would only be our second one), so some of the ins and outs are still confusing. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
:thanks:

Hey not sure if this will help, placeholders seem to be a case by case situation right now, but this is what happened to us...
Placeholder/Reservation booked on our 11/2018 cruise for a 11/2020 cruise (we were sneaking it in right under the wire)
11/2020 cruise cancelled due to COVID right after PIF date (we PIF so we got the FCC)
Used FCC to book 2 cruises for 9/2021 and were allowed to move our placeholder/on board booking discount/benefit
Last week we decided to move the 2 cruises booked with the FCC to next year since the probability that both cruises this year would be cancelled and we wanted to take advantage of the opening day prices for next summer. So when I called, I made sure to tell them that there was an On Board Booking discount and benefit that would need to be moved. It took longer because they needed a supervisor to approve it, but I know for sure that we at least got the 10% booking discount. I guess I'll have to wait and see if we get the onboard credit... lol We've been promised it will be there, but that's one of those things we won't really be able to confirm until we get onboard.

Hey not sure if this will help, placeholders seem to be a case by case situation right now, but this is what happened to us...
Placeholder/Reservation booked on our 11/2018 cruise for a 11/2020 cruise (we were sneaking it in right under the wire)
11/2020 cruise cancelled due to COVID right after PIF date (we PIF so we got the FCC)
Used FCC to book 2 cruises for 9/2021 and were allowed to move our placeholder/on board booking discount/benefit
Last week we decided to move the 2 cruises booked with the FCC to next year since the probability that both cruises this year would be cancelled and we wanted to take advantage of the opening day prices for next summer. So when I called, I made sure to tell them that there was an On Board Booking discount and benefit that would need to be moved. It took longer because they needed a supervisor to approve it, but I know for sure that we at least got the 10% booking discount. I guess I'll have to wait and see if we get the onboard credit... lol We've been promised it will be there, but that's one of those things we won't really be able to confirm until we get onboard.
Thank you, this was helpful! I noticed on the website that we are eligible to change our cruise to a date prior to 9/30/22. Maybe I’ll wait a little longer, and if necessary I’ll call and proactively change it to a summer 2022 cruise, and ask if the placeholder would be extended to that date as well. Thanks again!

Thank you, this was helpful! I noticed on the website that we are eligible to change our cruise to a date prior to 9/30/22. Maybe I’ll wait a little longer, and if necessary I’ll call and proactively change it to a summer 2022 cruise, and ask if the placeholder would be extended to that date as well. Thanks again!
I recently moved a placeholder-booked cruise from January 2022 to September 2022. The expiration date for that placeholder had already been extended from its original expiration date in November of 2020 when I booked the January 2022 cruise when those cruises were released. Placeholders that have been used to book cruises appear to have been extended to late September 2022, independent of their expiration dates, so you should be able to change to a summer 2022 cruise using it.

I recently moved a placeholder-booked cruise from January 2022 to September 2022. The expiration date for that placeholder had already been extended from its original expiration date in November of 2020 when I booked the January 2022 cruise when those cruises were released. Placeholders that have been used to book cruises appear to have been extended to late September 2022, independent of their expiration dates, so you should be able to change to a summer 2022 cruise using it.
Perfect, thank you so much! This is what we’re hoping for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter