Question about Animators Academy Building in DCA

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
I'm starting to plan my June trip and have a question about the Animators Academy Building. I plan to hide out from the afternoon sun in here, between 2 and 4 pm approx. On my way there I plan to get a Hard Soda Float from Clarabellas and bring it in to drink. The mix of sun and alcohol is not good for my Irish body , but I'm ok if I stay inside in air conditioning :)

Is this ok to do, will they allow me into the building with the drink?

I have walked in there with a drink from Smoochiez and drank it while waiting for Animation Academy. I do throw out my drinks before going in to the actual classroom where you draw or see crush
This is accurate. It’s fine in the lobby, but not for drawing or Turtle Talk.

This is accurate. It’s fine in the lobby, but not for drawing or Turtle Talk.

brilliant, thanks, yes that would be my plan, to sit with my drink and people watch in the big area in the middle and then go to Turtle Talk, The Beasts Library, meet Anna and Elsa and do the drawing class :)

I am going to advise against bringing that particular drink into the Animation building. Just so you know, these hard floats are literally a vanilla ice cream bar thrown into a cup of alcohol. It's a situation that makes it impossible to drink "on the go." You really need a table. They can be quite messy. I had one recently and the ice cream fell off the stick and I had to fish it out using a spoon, because it sinks to the bottom, it doesn't float like a scoop of ice cream would. I definitely needed a table.

That said, you will be allowed to bring in a drink. It may be very hard to get a seat in here between 2-4pm on a summer day, though. I would think about seeing the Frozen show during this window instead. It's at least an hour long, you get a guaranteed seat, and it is FREEZING in there.

I am going to advise against bringing that particular drink into the Animation building. Just so you know, these hard floats are literally a vanilla ice cream bar thrown into a cup of alcohol. It's a situation that makes it impossible to drink "on the go." You really need a table. They can be quite messy. I had one recently and the ice cream fell off the stick and I had to fish it out using a spoon, because it sinks to the bottom, it doesn't float like a scoop of ice cream would. I definitely needed a table.

That said, you will be allowed to bring in a drink. It may be very hard to get a seat in here between 2-4pm on a summer day, though. I would think about seeing the Frozen show during this window instead. It's at least an hour long, you get a guaranteed seat, and it is FREEZING in there.

thanks, I am aware, I have watched YouTube videos of people getting this drink. I'm not planning to drink on the go, I'm planning to sit down and drink. If needs be, I will sit on the floor, I'm not fussy or particular about wanting a seat. I saw Frozen show last year, I went to the 3pm show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter