Queen and Jasmine ... a Magical Birthday Trip

Hi Queen :wave2:

I'm so happy for you and Jasmine that you are able to go this fall after all :cheer2::dance3::cheer2: I know how disappointed you were when you thought it wouldn't happen. And to give up your daily Timmie's, that's serious stuff. My dh read your note over my shoulder and quickly advised me that there was no way he was giving up his Timmie's to save for a Disney trip :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear all about your plans!

Oh, and both you and Jasmine look fantastic at her graduation :thumbsup2

Hey girl!

Thank you so much! Jasmine drops me off at work every morning so she can use the car and every morning she says "are we not stopping today?" and I say not today dear, maybe Friday :lmao: We haven't stopped yet since I made the new rule...she just didn't know why I made the new rule:woohoo:

Thank you...it was a great day, perfect as a matter of fact!

I'm glad your here, I couldn't imagine doing this PTR without you along. Tell your DH giving up TImmies was much harder than I thought it would be:surfweb:

Good luck with the weigh in. I gave up soda (diet) yesterday. It has been a long 24 hours LOL. I am using the $$ I would normally spend on it for Disney spending money. I think ur plan makes perfect sense-love me some duzzy Disney math.

Queen, so happy for you and Jas!!! I know you were really looking forward to this trip!

Looking forward to following along this PTR ;) Back soon, my friend! :)

Good luck with the weigh in. I gave up soda (diet) yesterday. It has been a long 24 hours LOL. I am using the $$ I would normally spend on it for Disney spending money. I think ur plan makes perfect sense-love me some duzzy Disney math.

Thanks Mary:goodvibes I was down 2.2 pounds today....I'm on a role!!! I was so excited I was jumping around!! My plan is to be down at least another 18 pounds before we leave...I think it's completely do-able....exercise is key.

My girlfriend that I go with gave up diet soda and she found the first week really hard, she kept getting bad headaches, but now she says she can't even imagine having it!!

Queen, so happy for you and Jas!!! I know you were really looking forward to this trip!

Looking forward to following along this PTR ;) Back soon, my friend! :)

Hi Liz

We sure were and I still wake up in the morning and think how lucky we are it actually worked out! It would be wonderful if we can meet:rolleyes1

Finally got over here. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

And you leave a day before my birthday. You will have to have a Grey Goose Slushie for me.

Finally got over here. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

And you leave a day before my birthday. You will have to have a Grey Goose Slushie for me.

Glad you're here:thumbsup2

I will absolutely, beyond a shadow of a doubt, have at least one Grey Goose Slushie for you!!!

It's been one of those weeks. I guess the first week back from holidays is always a little chaotic but I think I can make it through tomorrow!

I have been trying to finalize our days and ADR's but who am I kidding I know I'll change something at least once;) I am trying to pick a signature dining restaurant other than California Grill (we did that one in August) but I have no idea which one I should choose.:confused3 Any help would be greatly appreciated. I thought that would be the dinner where we could dress up and really celebrate Jasmine's 18th birthday:woohoo:

I sent her out today to pick up a few things we need for the trip. For some unknown reason she felt she "needed" new flats and a bra :rolleyes1 Anyways, she also picked up the things that were actually on the list:banana:

I checked the flights again today and Delta is still showing the cheapest flights and we would leave here at 11am have a 45 minutes layover in Minneapolis then arrive in Orlando at 527pm. I like the fact that we don't have to be at the airport at 4am, that we don't have to pick up our luggage and go through customs, we clear customs in Winnipeg both ways. That is looking very good to me:cloud9: At this point, unless Westjet comes in quite a bit cheaper, I think we'll go with Delta, but we'll see.

Jasmine confirmed today that she does indeed have that 2 weeks off:eek:that's right, she forgot the little detail that she hadn't got confirmation on that.....and I wonder why I have to dye my hair every 6 weeks.:rolleyes1

I promise you all I will be up bright and early Saturday morning with the first 5 days of our plans.

Have you girls ever tried Narcossee's? It's a lovely restaurant overlooking the water with great service. We've had steak and lobster and crab cakes every visit and they are wonderful. I don't know how the rest of the menu is though since we always have the same thing :laughing:

Looking forward to hearing your plans!

I second Dawn's recommendation of Narcoossee's. We ate there and loved it. One place I want to try but haven't yet is Jiko. I always hear such good things about it.

Congrats on another trip! (I'll certainly support your Disney addiction:thumbsup2)

I cannot, in good conscience, support the giving up of Timmies.:lmao: That's just not on my radar, its how I get through the LONG teaching days.

Looking forward to reading along. Grey Goose slushies all around then!:love:

Yay for shopping-better add some more to the list, sounds like Jas needs more things :) We arrive in Orlando at 525p on the 18th. Maybe ww will run into eachother at the ME line :) Let me know when works for a meet. I think we are meeting up with Kathy and her hubby (KatMark) on Sun and then doing EMH. I hope you have better luck with ADR's than I am having. Free dining is making it hard for me to get what I want. Can't wait for the update-I will be on vacation starting tomorrow but hope to check in.

Have you girls ever tried Narcossee's? It's a lovely restaurant overlooking the water with great service. We've had steak and lobster and crab cakes every visit and they are wonderful. I don't know how the rest of the menu is though since we always have the same thing :laughing:

Looking forward to hearing your plans!

No we haven't, but it's the one I've really been thinking about! Steak, lobster and crab cakes....how could that possibly not be delicious:rotfl2: Have you ever tried Citricos?

I second Dawn's recommendation of Narcoossee's. We ate there and loved it. One place I want to try but haven't yet is Jiko. I always hear such good things about it.

It's funny you say that, I have been looking at Jiko but I don't know if Jasmine would like it....we usually do Boma on every visit and I wonder now if we should skip Boma and do Jiko:confused3

Congrats on another trip! (I'll certainly support your Disney addiction:thumbsup2)

I cannot, in good conscience, support the giving up of Timmies.:lmao: That's just not on my radar, its how I get through the LONG teaching days.

Looking forward to reading along. Grey Goose slushies all around then!:love:

Hello my friend:hug:

Thank you so much! I digressed (sp?) today and we stopped on the way to work, then one of my girls who starts at 10 on Friday's brought me one, then when another girl came back from lunch she brought me one :woohoo: I guess I made up for the week of no Timmies:rolleyes1

Too bad we all couldn't meet up again.....mmmmmm Grey Goose Slushies, when I have my first (cause there will be lots) I will think of you:thumbsup2

Yay for shopping-better add some more to the list, sounds like Jas needs more things :) We arrive in Orlando at 525p on the 18th. Maybe ww will run into eachother at the ME line :) Let me know when works for a meet. I think we are meeting up with Kathy and her hubby (KatMark) on Sun and then doing EMH. I hope you have better luck with ADR's than I am having. Free dining is making it hard for me to get what I want. Can't wait for the update-I will be on vacation starting tomorrow but hope to check in.

Jasmine can always find more things she 'needs'....she is a shopper!! That would be hilarious if we're in line at the same time! Which airline are you flying in on?

I will get my plans finalized so we can set up a time to meet!

Have a wonderful vacation and I hope you're able to check in!

I'm going to hop right in with the suggestion of Narcoossee's as well. It is my new favorite. People kept telling me in Dec last year how much I'd love Yachtsman, but I hated it and loved Narcoossee's. I also liked Flying Fish, but for atmosphere, Narcoossee's can't be beat.

I'm going to hop right in with the suggestion of Narcoossee's as well. It is my new favorite. People kept telling me in Dec last year how much I'd love Yachtsman, but I hated it and loved Narcoossee's. I also liked Flying Fish, but for atmosphere, Narcoossee's can't be beat.

Narcoossee's it is!!! I am working on my post for the first five days of our trip so will be up later today. Thanks for your input....there is something so special about the GF that Narcoossee's just seems like a natural choice!!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and more importantly great weather! Jasmine is working until 830pm and then her and Aladdin are off to see a movie so I have peace and quiet to write my next update:woohoo:

I met one of my very best friends this morning for breakfast and told her we were booked to go in September and she was so happy for us. After breakfast I headed home and was actually quite surprised to see Jasmine up and about, it was only 10am after all;) I wanted to discuss the first few days with her and I also wanted to check on the flights. What I really wanted to get out of the way was would she really be ok with flying through Minneapolis and not Toronto. As most of you know, she is not a good flyer and frankly I'm not the best either....and Aladdin won't be there this time to keep her occupied so I can just listen to my Ipod:rotfl2: Yup, she actually really likes the idea of that 11am flight....I did point out through that it's actually a shorter flight all around....I think that sealed the deal. The least amount of time in the air the better:rotfl2:

With that out of the way, we pulled up park hours including all the EMH. The last time we really took advantage of morning EMH was in 2007 when we went with my BFF and her family. We found on that trip we were better off not attending EMH and I think that's what we'll do this time. Jasmine and I end up staying at the parks later so getting up and about that early gets a little tough.

I figured I would post of first 5 days...mostly because that's all I was able to get to today:eek:

Here goes:

Saturday, Sep 18

Arrival Day
Check in at ASMu...which will be either early afternoon or early evening, depending on which flight we get
Go and check out our room, put our carry-ons away and head to DTD
If we take the early flight we will go to WPC for dinner, however, if we take the later flight I will cancel WPC and we'll eat at WPE, either is fine with us, we love both.
Do a little shopping, maybe a margarita by the water for me:rolleyes1
Back to the hotel, unpack and get to bed for our first big day

Sunday, Sep 19

EPCOT - FW in the morning, hitting Soarin', TT, MS, and SE
Head back to the hotel for lunch and then an afternoon by the pool:lovestruc
Shower, change and head to Rose and Crown for dinner then we will stay and watch Illuminations....and maybe just maybe a Grey Goose Slushie in France;)

Monday, Sep 20

Magic Kingdom - make it for rope drop because I love that opening number, makes me cry everytime, Jasmine will make fun of me and we'll move to Main Street where I'll cry some more when I see the castle:cloud9:
We will head to Adventureland for POTC, SM, BTMRR then we normally head to HM and usually by this point it's pretty close to lunch time and we both love CHH so we'll stop there and eat
Head back to the hotel for the afternoon
Dinner this evening will be at Liberty Tree Tavern then we'll catch Spectromagic and Wishes...we missed Wishes when we went in January so we're both pretty excited to see it again.

Tuesday, Sep 21
DHS-we will be there for rope drop and head straight for TSM, grab some FP's then backtrack to ToT and RnRC..Jasmine will try and get me to do these over and over and I will explain the motion sickness for the 100th time...this is when travelling with my sis and her family or having Aladdin along was very helpful!!! They could go on as many times as they wanted and my sis and I could just wander around, people watch...you know fun stuff:rolleyes1
Once again, head back to the hotel (beginning to see a pattern here) we will do this everyday we're there, unless of course it's pouring rain, then we will stay at the parks
Dinner on this evening will be at Boma...this is one of our favorites. We had both breakfast and dinner here last summer when we stayed at AKL, it was wonderful to just be able to walk down from our room, but we'll travel there too, we love it!!

Wednesday, Sep 22

Animal Kingdom - the most important part of AK for me is FOTLK, I will grab a times guide and figure out which show we will go to and we'll work the rest of our day around that:woohoo: This is our only planned day at AK, we figured with Kali River, we can stay at this park a little longer because getting soaked helps keep you cool:rotfl2: We will get FP's for EE, head to KS, Jasmine will want to do Dinosaur, she'll attempt to get me on Primevil Whirl, it won't happen, then we'll probably to EE a few more times before heading back to get ready for dinner.
Dinner this evening will be at Kona Cafe at the Poly. When we went here last summer it was one of our favorite meals of the trip so Jasmine insisted on it. She had fish that she absolutely loved...it's all she talks about:hug:

That is our first five days and I have started working on our next five! Planning really is an obsession for us isn't it:rolleyes1

Most of you also know how quickly these plans can change. We will have 2 down days planned, but now I'm seriously considering the MNSSHP on one of those evenings, just not sure which one yet.....

Plans are looking great! I love that you add in the stops to cry over seeing things. :rotfl: You HAVE to do MNSSHP!! We did last year and had such a great time! We went October 18th. (I'm about to post about in my TR!) Since you're gonna be there earlier, you'll get to have the fun without the crowds that grew as Halloween got closer, too!

Plans are looking great! I love that you add in the stops to cry over seeing things. :rotfl: You HAVE to do MNSSHP!! We did last year and had such a great time! We went October 18th. (I'm about to post about in my TR!) Since you're gonna be there earlier, you'll get to have the fun without the crowds that grew as Halloween got closer, too!

Thanks so much! When I really think about it, I cry alot at WDW:lmao: Wishes, Illuminations, Spectromagic....chocolate covered strawberries, grey goose slushies:rotfl2:

I am going to order the tickets tomorrow morning for MNSSHP! I just have to figure out which day:laughing: We did it in 2004 when Jasmine was 12, I think we need to go again:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter