Quantum OTS : What cruising might look like in 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
No self-serve at the buffet would be great.
Encouragement to only take the elevator if needed (no, my family doesn't need it), so that they won't be too crowded.
Other than that, I'm not seeing a benefit... but I'll cruise with many of the suggested restrictions.

No self-serve at the buffet would be great.
Encouragement to only take the elevator if needed (no, my family doesn't need it), so that they won't be too crowded.
Other than that, I'm not seeing a benefit... but I'll cruise with many of the suggested restrictions.

no self serve buffet would be awful for us. You never get the right amount you want and often just dumped on Plate , not everyone likes all their food touching .and it would take iso kick longer to get through and chances are would make them offer less variety to make more efficient.

I still maintain there is no reason not to have mass vaccinated everyone this year (in most developed countries). If it goes beyond the end of next year, then something has gone terribly wrong
I think this line of reasoning was common until the last week or so. Now, there is lots of talk by experts of new variants, and the possible need to alter the vaccines or offer subsequent vaccines.

For me, this makes it seem like the existing vaccines were oversold as the path to eradication of COVID, or that we have a MUCH longer way to go.

I am still on the side that the lockdowns and such aren't doing as much as some like to believe. Most of the country is having the same main issues no matter what rules they have right now, except places like CA, NY and others like them are going to have a much harder recovery.
Yeah. Its hard to see much difference in outcome based on different approaches.

Agree. I think it is because so little good news is published or consumed.

exactly. Media for years have thrived in negative and tragedy, it makes them more money. They want headlines that make people click. Good news just doesn’t get the clicks because people don’t care about the why as much or the how.

I think this line of reasoning was common until the last week or so. Now, there is lots of talk by experts of new variants, and the possible need to alter the vaccines or offer subsequent vaccines.

For me, this makes it seem like the existing vaccines were oversold as the path to eradication of COVID, or that we have a MUCH longer way to go.

It will change again, it’s helping keep the fear. Viruses mutate all the time, and Science has proven that they don’t really mutate stronger in the sense of killing the host faster. Viruses need a host they don’t want to kill the host so weaker mutations will in time will more than limes grab hold.

Yeah. Its hard to see much difference in outcome based on different approaches.

There really isn’t , human behavior of not doing anything perfect all the time is a big reason. But when this gets better all the lockdown states are gonna be in a very hard position to dig out of .

There really isn’t , human behavior of not doing anything perfect all the time is a big reason. But when this gets better all the lockdown states are gonna be in a very hard position to dig out of .
Yeah. States like Florida will have an economic leg up.

I thought Mickey might appreciate this:

“The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
Gang aft agley.
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!

(To A Mouse)”

― Robert Burns

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter