Quality issues at CVS?

sk!mom

DIS Veteran
After reading about ECB's and great deals at CVS, I finally got a card and started picking up the weekly deals a few months ago. Today we decided to go there for this week's Neutrogena deal. However when DD15 picked up the bottle of foundation she immediatly noticed that it had seperated and had a clear liquid on the top. We shook it up but it was still very thin and watery. We then looked at a couple of other foundations and noticed the same thing. We left without buying any.

After we got home, I googled CVS and found a website dedicated to CVS and issues with outdated products.

Anyone else ever noticed problems? I'm now concerned about shopping there.

Now that I think about it..Yes! I have noticed that.

I've bought around three bottles of makeup in total from CVS and I did find the product seemed "old" and one time I was just so disgusted that I left because every bottle of foundation(my brand) had been opened and each had been used as a sample for someone. Yuck

I don't buy makeup at my CVS, except for nail polish. I've gotten lots of free nail polish. :) I typically stick to the deals on medicines, diapers, sodas and cleaning products and haven't noticed any problems with those items. I only buy items that earn ECBs and then roll my ECBs the following week towards other products that generate ECBs. I also picked up a green bag tag a few weeks ago when that was free. I take in my own bags, and I have the cashier scan my tag for every trip. For every 4 scans, you earn 1 ECB.

Like pam95 said, I get my nail polish there. I love my CVS but a lot of the cosmetics do look odd. My CVS always seems to have a lot of makeup on clearance.

I don't buy makeup at my CVS, except for nail polish. I've gotten lots of free nail polish. :) I typically stick to the deals on medicines, diapers, sodas and cleaning products and haven't noticed any problems with those items. I only buy items that earn ECBs and then roll my ECBs the following week towards other products that generate ECBs. I also picked up a green bag tag a few weeks ago when that was free. I take in my own bags, and I have the cashier scan my tag for every trip. For every 4 scans, you earn 1 ECB.

The make up today and then stumbling across this website has me concerned about purchasing anything consumable especially medicine.

The make up today and then stumbling across this website has me concerned about purchasing anything consumable especially medicine.

Well, I think there's probably a higher turnover with medicines b/c that's typically why people go to CVS. Also like a pp said, I always check the dates on products before I buy them.

Always seek out the store manager or assistant manager. Point out the problem and if that doesn't work call the 800 number. Makeup resets are done frequently and there should never be outdated makeup and if there is someone isn't doing the job, they are suppose to be doing. I would say twice a year the makeup is reset, which often means that products are changed for each brand.

CVS had huge fines for outdated products and it's part of the store management plan to cull products weekly. I'm not saying things aren't missed but if the store is following corp guidelines then very few if any outdates should be seen.

I don't buy makeup at all, but I do check the dates/appearance of things when purchasing from CVS. It seems like merchandise does not move as quickly/get phased out as quickly in a drug store than other stores. Let a manager know if you find something that concerns you.

That being said, I still shop at CVS all the time. Thanks to couponing and ECBs, I make a killing there. Love my CVS :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter