QS questions.. first time using DDP

DisneyBliss7

''Ohana means family''
We have been going to Disney for years but have never used the DDP. Thinking about next trip trying the QS. We will be going for 10 days next time. I can use my two QS credits and go to a $$ TS meal right? I've done the math for each trip and it's cheaper to pay OP but for the convenience I feel using QS plan might be worth it. I'm sick of making sandwiches while on vacation lol..We will only be eating at 5 TS meals next trip and will only need the QS meals on park days so I'm thinking it might be cheaper this time. We have a full kitchen in the villa so we always order groceries from GG and will still if we use DDP. We eat breakfast in our room most mornings.
I also saw a post regarding DDP prices for DVC? Is there something I'm missing about a discount? We are in the process of becoming owners.

Wrong.
QS meals cannot be stacked to use at a TS Restaurant.
If you want TS credits you'll have to get a dining plan that includes them.
Personally I don't think its very cost effective but if you get the DxDP you can use your credits as TS or QS.
If you want several TS meals then I'd either go with the regular DDP which gives one TS and one QS per day or pay OOP.

I can use my two QS credits and go to a $$ TS meal right?

Unfortunately, no. Generally speaking, you can "trade down" (e.g., if you're on the regular DDP you can use a TS credit for a QS meal), but you cannot "trade up." If you're on the QS plan, you will pay for all TS meals out of pocket.

To answer your question about a DVC discount- there is none. What happens is that DVC locks in the price of the ddp for the entire year, so if the cost of the plan goes up during the year, DVC members will continue to pay the same amount as at the beginning of the calendar year.

FYI- while it's true that you can't trade a CS in for a TS, last year you could trade 1 CS credit in for 3 snacks. Not sure if that's still the case since they added the 2nd snack this year, but it was nice to have the option when we had left over meals that would have otherwise gone unused.

We have been going to Disney for years but have never used the DDP. Thinking about next trip trying the QS. We will be going for 10 days next time. I can use my two QS credits and go to a $$ TS meal right? I've done the math for each trip and it's cheaper to pay OP but for the convenience I feel using QS plan might be worth it. I'm sick of making sandwiches while on vacation lol..We will only be eating at 5 TS meals next trip and will only need the QS meals on park days so I'm thinking it might be cheaper this time. We have a full kitchen in the villa so we always order groceries from GG and will still if we use DDP. We eat breakfast in our room most mornings.
I also saw a post regarding DDP prices for DVC? Is there something I'm missing about a discount? We are in the process of becoming owners.

I can use my two QS credits and go to a $$ TS meal right? No you can not trade up or stack QS for TS. You can use QS for 3 snacks, we did this is January on our last day for snacks to take with us home.

When running the numbers, are you adding in the order from GG, to the total for food? As I am reading it looks like you will be paying out of pocket for 5 TS, plus QS in the park, plus a garden grocer order. You might want to think about the Regular DDP or DDXDP, and just order water and a few bags of chips or whatever very limited.

When on the dinning plan it is for the total number of nights you are staying, so 9 nights if you are going 10 days on the dinning is what you will have to pay for, not just the park days. It all in or nothing. But the entitlements are good from the moment you check in until midnight on check out day, so even with check out being at 11:00 you still can use your credits for a character breakfast to say good bye then a quick lunch or take it with you to the airport and spend the snack credits to take home with you to keep the magic going a little longer.

For my family we like the DDXDP, as we enjoy some of the 2 table service meals, and with grandkids now lots of character meals,... okay...honestly we always have done a lot of character meals. So we might do a character breakfast then later on grab some lunch a lot of the time we would share a couple of QS options, then a nice dinner at night. Even when living out of state we might head over to US or hit a outlet mall for some retail therapy, we would eat breakfast at the resort before we would go, then dinner in the evening once we returned. One of the biggest reason we always go with the DDXDP DH loves that it is paid for up front and that we don't worry about who is ordering what, just knowing that is peace of mind for him. So we can relax and enjoy meal time with the kids and grandkids.

There are so many ways to use your dinning plan thinking outside of box is part of it. There are a multitude of tips on how other people use it.

Our friends would order food or stop and get food, then have the DDP, then pay for some meals and snacks out of pocket, after showing her what she was really spending on food, they go with DDXDP, order water from staples, and pack some breakfast or granola bars, and some pringles in the their suitcase, for the room. They were leaving a lot of food in the room on check out day, as they always ended up eating in the parks or resorts instead of eating what they order from Garden grocer.

Only you can decide what will work for your family. DH and I are on vacation too, so we should enjoy it to...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter