• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Purchasing tickets

georgiapeach60

Mouseketeer
What do most people do? Buy tickets to parks before you go, get them when you check into the hotel or buy at the gate? We will be going in February(the first week). Is there any advantage or disadvantage to doing it any of those ways or doesn't it matter?

AAA has a great deal right now. Buy a two day ticket and get a thrid day free. So in this case I would buy it now as the deal ends this month. The tickets are good through Dec 2002.

Discover also has the same sort of deal. Not sure about them expiring though ?

I would get them ahead of time. Waiting at the ticket boots at the parks can be frustrating.

I believe the deal through AAA is if you purchase tickets with your Discover card--I think the deal ends in 12/01--tickets might expire in 12/02? I just called the 800# on the back of my AAA card.

Because it's a good deal, I plan on purchasing them before we go--we will save about $60! It's just one less thing to stand in line for too!

If you're going to have to wait in line in the morning (at the parks) to purchase your tickets buy them ahead of time. It'll save you some hassle. I purchased ours through the mail and was a little worried about losing them though!

if you arrive at one of the on-site hotels or are staying off site and arive in orlando in the afternoon. there are very small if any lines to buy tickets at any of the booths at this time of day. say from 4:00 pm on.

If you buy the 2 days, get one free, from AAA, don't you have to wait in line at the front gate to get the tickets? I was under the impression that you only get vouchers from AAA and end up having to wait in line to get the actual tickets.
Thanks.
L

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter