Purchasing resale process

Liam518

Earning My Ears
I am about ready to pull the trigger on DVC points via DVC resale Market. My
Question is what exactly is the process. I make offer, the seller hopefully accepts. What do I do next? I see posts about title companies. I spent so much time researching resorts, and if this is right for my family, I didn’t look into the actual process. May sound ignorant, but I assumed the resale companies did all the leg work and I just signed paperwork and paid. Do I have to hire a lawyer too? Thanks.

Have you ever purchased a home? It's very similar

Offer accepted - deposit - contract to purchase - right of first refusal (read up on this) - transfer paperwork - closing - Dvc sits on it and eventually gives you your points/membership account.

That's a high level off the top of my head type of flow..but the broker will guide you through it.

no need for a lawyer, the broker does most of the heavy lifting. Feel free to ask them questions about what comes next, etc. If you take a look at the "closing time" thread, you can get a sense of the major milestones to closing, and the variability in how long it takes. As a buyer, your main tasks to keeping the closing moving quickly are to sign the documents when you need to, and get them back quickly, and pay the money when you need to. You can choose your title company - there are several out there - but again, with DVCRM I've found the title companies they recommend to be fine. There is a lot of waiting on the buyer's part, especially if you are paying cash, because you really don't have much to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter