Purchasing MP3 from non-American Amazon site

GusGus77

DIS Veteran
I am wanting to get the music Chant C'est Noel from the Disneyland Paris Christmas parade, but the only place I can find it is on the Amazon.fr website. I tried to purchase the download, but it will not accept my American credit card (something about needing a bank supported by the French website? I know very little French, but that was the gist.) Does anyone know how I can purchase it and download it here in the U.S.? I can't find it anywhere else except you tube. Thanks!

I am wanting to get the music Chant C'est Noel from the Disneyland Paris Christmas parade, but the only place I can find it is on the Amazon.fr website. I tried to purchase the download, but it will not accept my American credit card (something about needing a bank supported by the French website? I know very little French, but that was the gist.) Does anyone know how I can purchase it and download it here in the U.S.? I can't find it anywhere else except you tube. Thanks!

Can you use an Amazon gift card?

You want to buy something from Amazon France and I had the exact opposite problem :(

2 weeks ago , I found a charge from Amazon France on my credit card. They apparently had no problem with my bank being in the US! 2 hours later, after many phone calls, including one to France Amazon,and 15 min to find someone who could speak English, They claimed that I signed in on my amazon account -on the French site (which I never even knew existed before that), and bought an Amazon Prime French? I don't think so. I had to argue for almost half an hour to get him to refund me. I said why would I sign up for Amazon France when I live in the US (and have Amazon Prime here), when I couldn't even use it if I bought it? Since noone had used it for anything, he 'agreed' to issue me a refund of the full amount (funny here in the US it's $99 a year, in France it's $57.21)
It took them more than a week to credit me back. He did it in Euros, sent me a confirming email, telling me it would come back to me in US dollars. At least it did!
Either someone hacked my account, or some moron over there decided to try and use my account to buy themselves a Prime account there. I have now added the 2 layer sign in on Amazon to try and prevent any further problems like this.

People still purchase mp3s?

Just about any musical piece one could be searching for is on Youtube, including the Disneyland Paris "C'est Noel" chant GusGus77 is seeking:

All you have to do to get a downloadable mp3 of the audio from that Youtube post video is to:
  • Right click the video above. Then click on "copy video URL"
  • Then go to the site below:
http://www.theyoump3.com/download.php
  • follow its instructions (if the site text opens in Spanish - which it sometimes does if the language of the URL appears to be foreign - just click on the word "ENGLISH" in the upper right corner of the screen).
  • Then paste the URL you just copied into the "insert video link here" field.
  • Then click the "convert" button.
  • Then click the "download" button.
  • Voila- you now have an mp3 of Chante C'est Noel Disneyland Paris :wizard:

Last edited:
People still purchase mp3s?

Just about any musical piece one could be searching for is on Youtube, including the Disneyland Paris "C'est Noel" chant GusGus77 is seeking:

All you have to do to get a downloadable mp3 of the audio from that Youtube post video is to:
  • Right click the video above. Then click on "copy video URL"
  • Then go to the site below:
http://www.theyoump3.com/download.php
  • follow its instructions (if the site text opens in Spanish - which it sometimes does if the language of the URL appears to be foreign - just click on the word "ENGLISH" in the upper right corner of the screen).
  • Then paste the URL you just copied into the "insert video link here" field.
  • Then click the "convert" button.
  • Then click the "download" button.
  • Voila- you now have an mp3 of Chante C'est Noel Disneyland Paris :wizard:

Perhaps the OP is trying to obtain the song legally so that proper parties will get paid for their work?

Last edited:
Perhaps the OP is trying to obtain the song legally so that proper parties will get paid for their work?

Perhaps the copyright holder should make it more readily available across multiple markets to someone looking to purchase it, instead of creating the frustration the OP is experiencing. Also, if they really cared about being compensated for every use of the piece, they would have definitely told Google not to allow it to be uploaded to YouTube. Then again, it is amazing how many music license holders never do anything about their material being up there.

OP here....

After I went through the whole process of buying an Amazon.fr gift card (luckily only for the price of the download so like $1.30), I find out that you cannot download songs from Amazon.fr if you are in the US. (Spoke to customer service on the French site.)

My daughter is actually ice skating to the song, and her coach said she could get it off of you tube (I would guess using the method above, I really don't know) but said the quality of getting it from you tube typically isn't good so that is a last resort. That is why I was actually trying to get a real download of it.

Edited to add that yes, I would also prefer to purchase a legal copy of the music.

OP here....

After I went through the whole process of buying an Amazon.fr gift card (luckily only for the price of the download so like $1.30), I find out that you cannot download songs from Amazon.fr if you are in the US. (Spoke to customer service on the French site.)

My daughter is actually ice skating to the song, and her coach said she could get it off of you tube (I would guess using the method above, I really don't know) but said the quality of getting it from you tube typically isn't good so that is a last resort. That is why I was actually trying to get a real download of it.

Edited to add that yes, I would also prefer to purchase a legal copy of the music.

The music file downloads one can readily get from the transfer services are "real." I think what you meant to say is "original".

As for the coach saying the quality of an mp3 transfer from a Youtube isn't good, it depends primarily on the original upload source, as well as which transfer service one uses.

In the early days of youtube, the audio quality of uploads varied dramatically. But as technology evolved (particularly bandwidth improvement for the average uploader) the quality of the audio tracks on uploaded videos improved significantly. Using those files as sources, the better Youtube to MP3 transfer sites produce files that are actually superior (higher bit rate encoding) to the "legit" ones on Itunes and Amazon.

I know because I am an audio enthusiast that has played both original and youtube sourced mp3s though a high end tube system and has experienced hearing more discretely three dimensional soundfields from the transfer "copy" off of youtube than the original "legit" download or CD.

Lastly, given the issues you have described about being able to access a "legal" copy, I'm not sure you have a choice.

The only option that may be out there are some currently listed CDs on eBay (from U.S. sellers) of Disneyland Paris music that have Christmas selections on them. You'd have to contact the sellers to determine whether "Chante C'est Noel"is among the included pieces. Prices of those CDs run from $10 to almost $150.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the Disneyland Paris CD does not have the Christmas music nor do any of the other Disney albums. So it looks like YouTube is my only choice since I do not live in France.

The music file downloads one can readily get from the transfer services are "real." I think what you meant to say is "original".

As for the coach saying the quality of an mp3 transfer from a Youtube isn't good, it depends primarily on the original upload source, as well as which transfer service one uses.

In the early days of youtube, the audio quality of uploads varied dramatically. But as technology evolved (particularly bandwidth improvement for the average uploader) the quality of the audio tracks on uploaded videos improved significantly. Using those files as sources, the better Youtube to MP3 transfer sites produce files that are actually superior (higher bit rate encoding) to the "legit" ones on Itunes and Amazon.

I know because I am an audio enthusiast that has played both original and youtube sourced mp3s though a high end tube system and has experienced hearing more discretely three dimensional soundfields from the transfer "copy" off of youtube than the original "legit" download or CD.

Lastly, given the issues you have described about being able to access a "legal" copy, I'm not sure you have a choice.

The only option that may be out there are some currently listed CDs on eBay (from U.S. sellers) of Disneyland Paris music that have Christmas selections on them. You'd have to contact the sellers to determine whether "Chante C'est Noel"is among the included pieces. Prices of those CDs run from $10 to almost $150.

You want to buy something from Amazon France and I had the exact opposite problem :(

2 weeks ago , I found a charge from Amazon France on my credit card. They apparently had no problem with my bank being in the US! 2 hours later, after many phone calls, including one to France Amazon,and 15 min to find someone who could speak English, They claimed that I signed in on my amazon account -on the French site (which I never even knew existed before that), and bought an Amazon Prime French? I don't think so. I had to argue for almost half an hour to get him to refund me. I said why would I sign up for Amazon France when I live in the US (and have Amazon Prime here), when I couldn't even use it if I bought it? Since noone had used it for anything, he 'agreed' to issue me a refund of the full amount (funny here in the US it's $99 a year, in France it's $57.21)
It took them more than a week to credit me back. He did it in Euros, sent me a confirming email, telling me it would come back to me in US dollars. At least it did!
Either someone hacked my account, or some moron over there decided to try and use my account to buy themselves a Prime account there. I have now added the 2 layer sign in on Amazon to try and prevent any further problems like this.

I hope you reported the credit card breach to your credit card company. They need to issue you with a new card number and cancel the old one. Otherwise, if that card number is still active, you may be liable for the first $50 of the next charges they make.

Probably your credit card & info was hacked during the Experian breach as the hackers had too much of your info. I've heard most hackers are overseas now and they usually try a small charge at first to see if the person will notice. If you hadn't, then they would have ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon to be delivered and wiped you out. :sad2:

Last edited:
I hope you reported the credit card breach to your credit card company. They need to issue you with a new card number and cancel the old one. Otherwise, if that card number is still active, you may be liable for the first $50 of the next charges they make.

Probably your credit card & info was hacked during the Experian breach as the hackers had too much of your info. I've heard most hackers are overseas now and they usually try a small charge at first to see if the person will notice. If you hadn't, then they would have ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon to be delivered and wiped you out. :sad2:

Yes, I sure did. As soon as I finished reaming Amazon out for it, I called my bank and had that card closed, and had a new one the next day. Thanks for your concern!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter