Purchase of dvc

Are you buying or selling? I haven't sold yet, but if you're buying check them all! The best one is the one that has the contract that fits what you want.

Edited to add that I think the title answers my question. Oops!

Last edited:
Buying maybe. Its alot to think about tho. I kinda want okw. Concerned about 2042 expire date.

Buying maybe. Its alot to think about tho. I kinda want okw. Concerned about 2042 expire date.
Depending on how many points you want, it’s not a bad deal to just buy OKW direct with the incentives right now. You get the 2057 expiration date, and get your points in day, instead of 3+ months from now. Everything is kind of up in the air right now, but assuming the annual pass discount continues and is something you would use, the break even for direct vs resale on OKW 2057 isn’t terrible.

Depending on how many points you want, it’s not a bad deal to just buy OKW direct with the incentives right now. You get the 2057 expiration date, and get your points in day, instead of 3+ months from now. Everything is kind of up in the air right now, but assuming the annual pass discount continues and is something you would use, the break even for direct vs resale on OKW 2057 isn’t terrible.
Can you buy okw direct? I'm not currently a member?

Yes. They will try to encourage you to buy the newer resorts (mainly Riviera) and may also try to convince you that it doesn’t matter where you buy, but they will still sell you points at almost any resort.

Yeah I agree resell is way cheaper.
Since you said you were concerned about the 2042 expiration, you can also find OKW with the 2057 extended end date, but they're less common and typically cost a bit more than the 2042 expiration. Comparing OKW 2057 resale to OKW direct, which are all 2057, there's still a price difference but it isn't as extreme.

We're in the middle of ROFR for a resale contract at OKW(Fidelity). Once it closes, we plan on buying 100pts direct from DVC(165 per point direct). I hear there is a small discount if you buy 150 or more pts, but not sure if we would qualify since we bought our first pts via resale. Doesn't bother us to have some pts with 2042 and 2057 end dates.
Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter