• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Puerto Rican birth certificate-no passport

NYtoCelebration

Earning My Ears
Treating my whole family and friends to a 1/26 Dream 4night. My son's girlfriend was born in Puerto Rico and does not have a passport. She does have an updated Puerto Rican birth certificate issued after 2010 (as per the new regulations). Will she be okay with photo ID and her PR birth certificate? We're afraid if we send her birth certificate out to get an expedited passport, it won't make it back in time and then we have no passport, no birth certificate.

Thanks!!

You may have an issue, unless the Birth Certificate was issued post 2010.

From another website:
"Birth certificates from Puerto Rico issued prior to July 1, 2010 are not valid forms of proof of citizenship that is accepted by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Guests from Puerto Rico either need to present a WHTI-complaint document or a government-issued photo identification with a validated birth certificate issued after July 1, 2010"

You may have an issue, unless the Birth Certificate was issued post 2010.

From another website:
"Birth certificates from Puerto Rico issued prior to July 1, 2010 are not valid forms of proof of citizenship that is accepted by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Guests from Puerto Rico either need to present a WHTI-complaint document or a government-issued photo identification with a validated birth certificate issued after July 1, 2010"

OP says:

Treating my whole family and friends to a 1/26 Dream 4night. My son's girlfriend was born in Puerto Rico and does not have a passport. She does have an updated Puerto Rican birth certificate issued after 2010 (as per the new regulations). Will she be okay with photo ID and her PR birth certificate? We're afraid if we send her birth certificate out to get an expedited passport, it won't make it back in time and then we have no passport, no birth certificate.

Thanks!!

So, they've got that covered.

Thank you! Yes, her birth certifucate was reissued in 2011. So, i knew that woukd be valid. Just wanted to doublecheck. Was going to call DCL in the morning. But, I knew I'd get the answers here. We sail often, but have had passports forever. So, it never crossed my mind to ask my son about whether or not his girlfriend had one.

Thanks and happy new year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter