PTR- will be a TRIP Report- RPR Sept 24 - 28, 2018

39 days to go! Its starting to feel real! Like we might actually get there!

Im starting to watch the weather- fingers crossed no hurricanes (though the NOAA downgraded the number of storms predicted) but I need something to worry about- so that will be it.

I need to call and reserve some chairs at Volcano Bay- I think I prefer having the lock box and reserved seating.

Im done shopping- I dont NEED anything else- but Im sure I will find other things to get.

Im starting to watch the weather- fingers crossed no hurricanes (though the NOAA downgraded the number of storms predicted) but I need something to worry about- so that will be it.

I need to call and reserve some chairs at Volcano Bay- I think I prefer having the lock box and reserved seating.

Im done shopping- I dont NEED anything else- but Im sure I will find other things to get.

lol......if I`m not worrying......I`m worrying why I`m not worrying...…..

If it`s your nature, you can`t help it!!!

I loved Volcano Bay!! Having a reserved seat and locker is a nice bonus!! and gives you peace of mind!!

:laughing: I get not NEEDING anything, but there's also what you HAVE to have! :rolleyes1 Go for it!:)

I did some more shopping today! I got a new carry on bag for the plane (love Zappos and their free overnight shipping!) so it will be here tomorrow- I hope I like it and it fits my specific requirements!

Also got a new pair of shoes-these will not go to Universal but - we just booked a trip for NYE to the happiest place on earth (I wont say it here)- Im not sure I agree with it being the happiest' but thats a discussion for another day......

Patty- Im so glad to hear you loved Volcano Bay! Its been a few years since I have been to a water park so Im a little nervous.

I did some more shopping today! I got a new carry on bag for the plane (love Zappos and their free overnight shipping!) so it will be here tomorrow- I hope I like it and it fits my specific requirements!

Also got a new pair of shoes-these will not go to Universal but - we just booked a trip for NYE to the happiest place on earth (I wont say it here)- Im not sure I agree with it being the happiest' but thats a discussion for another day......

Patty- Im so glad to hear you loved Volcano Bay! Its been a few years since I have been to a water park so Im a little nervous.

We were at VB when they first opened and we had a great time!! I'm not a very good swimmer and no big thrill rides for me, but there were many rides I enjoyed. My favorite was the water coaster!! So fun!! :thumbsup2

And Disney for NYE!!:cool1: Always wanted to do that!!

Glad you got your shoes!!!

Hope they fit and are very comfortable...….shoes need to be comfy!!!

20 days to go! Woohoo!

Or course being the planner that I am I have changed a few things around. I ended up booking the Drury Inn for the first night. It was a little bit more expensive but I find the older I get the less tolerant I am of staying in places that are not as nice.

Im starting to pay even more attention to the weather and the storms are starting- there is one tropical 'disturbance' this week and another one that is on the way. Its OK now- but I will continue to worry.

I'm with you on the weather watch ck! After barely missing Irma last year, we were on one of the first flights back into Orlando on the 12th.

As long as we can get there safely I can deal.

Ck, I don’t have a countdown so when I need to see how many more wake ups before my trip, I check your thread

I leave two days after you so I do the +2 to know my days out

Have your bags packed yet ?
Lol

You and your friend are gonna have the time of your lives

20 days to go! Woohoo!

Or course being the planner that I am I have changed a few things around. I ended up booking the Drury Inn for the first night. It was a little bit more expensive but I find the older I get the less tolerant I am of staying in places that are not as nice.

Im starting to pay even more attention to the weather and the storms are starting- there is one tropical 'disturbance' this week and another one that is on the way. Its OK now- but I will continue to worry.

20 days- yay!!:cheer2:

I've heard only good things about the Drury Inn! Can't wait to hear all about it!:thumbsup2

Eek- hadn't heard about the tropical disturbances! Please stay away for all of us!!:)

20 days to go! Woohoo!

Drury inn is lovely...…..a few of us on here recommend it despite having never stayed in it as we hear so many excellent things from people we know who have stayed there...……

Yes, we are hoping for no disturbances......makes for a slightly longer flight if we have to go the longer route up over Canada....long as we get there though!!!

20 days is a reason for celebrating though...…..

I'm with you on the weather watch ck! After barely missing Irma last year, we were on one of the first flights back into Orlando on the 12th.

As long as we can get there safely I can deal.
Agreed- I would rather be stuck there then stuck at home trying to get there!

Ck, I don’t have a countdown so when I need to see how many more wake ups before my trip, I check your thread

I leave two days after you so I do the +2 to know my days out

Have your bags packed yet ?
Lol

You and your friend are gonna have the time of your lives
-I have not started packing yet- I really dont have a place for my suitcase that isnt in the way, but I have started my list of things to pack! So kinda the same thing....

20 days- yay!!:cheer2:

I've heard only good things about the Drury Inn! Can't wait to hear all about it!:thumbsup2

Eek- hadn't heard about the tropical disturbances! Please stay away for all of us!!:)
I hope they stay away for the rest of the year!

Drury inn is lovely...…..a few of us on here recommend it despite having never stayed in it as we hear so many excellent things from people we know who have stayed there...……

Yes, we are hoping for no disturbances......makes for a slightly longer flight if we have to go the longer route up over Canada....long as we get there though!!!

20 days is a reason for celebrating though...…..
I picked the Drury Inn because of the suggestions here- and because its close to the grocery store- so we can hit that then hit the parks!

Drury Inn has a great free breakfast and evening spread

Popcorn available about 3 each day

Decent beds and room set up

The one near UO has free shuttle to the park
The schedule is a hit or miss on the times I prefer to use but it is dependable

I think you will be happy staying there

The accept AAA and other programs for discounts on your room

So the weather people like to give me anxiety. There's a new storm- her name is Florence. As of now she wont hit Florida she aiming more north- like towards me. I know alot can and will change -but geez I dont need this (self created) stress!

Hi I just found your report...I think I need my eyes checked again LOL!! I am hoping the weather holds for you to leave. I am in CT and will be watching this closely!

I agree with you with being more picky on the hotels as I get older. I will spend a little more to make sure it is clean and comfortable.

It sounds like it will be an awesome time. I would love to be able to go next fall when a lot of our peeps go. I would love a Dis meet!!!!:goodvibes

I try to start packing about a week early but the family hates that I make them put their favorite clothes aside that they want to take. They don't do all the laundry so don't realize I don't want to wash that many clothes the night before. We have to use Liv's room for the suitcases. The cats don't get in there otherwise my suitcases my be a bit heavier.:laughing:

Hey, I've been in Florida for 3 that's right 3 hurricanes, once on a barrier island. You will be fine. We had rain most of our days, and I'd still rather be on vacation than at home. And don't worry about the weather. Whatever it is, you will have fun! Ticker is getting less and less. So exciting. Sorry to miss ya by a couple of days, but there's always next year.

Safe travels, and score on the new luggage and shoes.

I am a last minute packer. Night before, or this last time, 2 hours before leaving for airport. When it's warm, can pack more clothes. Mostly shorts and t shirts. We packed a pair of sweatpants, but never took them out. Was warm even at night. And pleasant surprise, even Mythos did not feel cold.

Less than a month for me now. 25 days for me. That should go fast. Looking forward to some fall fun with Mickey and Harry.

WOOHOO! I just upgraded our room to an APH rate- now we have a Water view room (OOOO!)

This makes the decision to get an AP now a no-brainer. But the timing of when we can come back will be an issue. I'll worry about that later. Now Ill continue to worry about the weather....:scared:

WOOHOO! I just upgraded our room to an APH rate- now we have a Water view room (OOOO!)

This makes the decision to get an AP now a no-brainer. But the timing of when we can come back will be an issue. I'll worry about that later. Now Ill continue to worry about the weather....:scared:

Once we started to get AP's for Disney & Universal, we found ways to get back! Scoping low airfares, scooping up good hotel discounts, working overtime....:laughing:

Yes- the weather is a little unnerving!

Congrats on the water view!!!

Don’t worry too much about the weather..........it’ll be fine.........I’ve decided.......::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!