PTR- will be a TRIP Report- RPR Sept 24 - 28, 2018

ckmiles

Mouseketeer
I struggled on the title of this thread- trying to be creative and witty- but in the end I went with just the facts.

Welcome to my first pre-trip report. I have been wanting to start this but decided to wait until there were 99 days to go (which is today). Obviously, I have been counting down (not like Im excited or anything!)

Let me introduce myself- Im Cindy born and raised in Connecticut. I love to travel, and am fortunate to have visited lots of places all over the world.

My companion on this vacation will be Jeff. Also born and raised in Connecticut. He is one of my oldest and closest friends. He’s the thrill ride junky – and if Im heading to Orlando, usually it’s with him.

The last time I was at USO was back in 2010. Back then Harry Potter was in the process of being built. So, I have not seen any of the Harry Potter areas, or any of the new hotels. We will be there for almost 5 full days – I hope to see most of the new stuff. And if not it’s a reason to go back (more on this plan later)
I have been planning this vacation since January. Im a super planner by nature so going to USO where there is not a lot of planning has been an interesting experience. I have lots of questions on what to see and do, and I figure a PTR is the best place to post them. I hope some smarties will stop by and help me with some answers. I didn’t want to start a million threads with my mundane questions.

Now – on with the plans!

Hi Cindy!! You're in the double digits now! Can't wait to read about all your plans!! Everyone here is so nice and informative! I've learned so much! By the time your trip is over, you'll be a pro!!

Cindy, I am so excited to see you start this one!!!

I know how much you have been looking forward to this trip.......and over the moon you are staying at RPR.......

Jeff sounds fun too!!!

Can’t wait to read your plans............

And your title is just fine.......I never come up with fancy titles.......no need......your trip report will be just fine!!

Last edited:
Hi Cindy!! You're in the double digits now! Can't wait to read about all your plans!! Everyone here is so nice and informative! I've learned so much! By the time your trip is over, you'll be a pro!!

Hi Patty! Thanks so much for following along!

Cindy, I am so excited to see you start this one!!!

I know how much you have been looking forward to this trip.......and over the moon you are staying at RPR.......

Jeff sounds fun too!!!

Can’t wait to read your plans............

And your title is just fine.......I never come up with fancy titles.......no need......your trip report will be just fine!!

Hi Schumi! I've tried to temper my excitement- but I just can't!

Hi Schumi! I've tried to temper my excitement- but I just can't!

No!!! Don’t try and temper it..........let it all out with this........I know exactly how you feel!!

We still have that same excitement for every trip, and you have waited a long time for this, so enjoy every second of the build up!!!

Now the specifics-

We are flying down on Sept 23rd. The Westchester Airport is about 45 minutes away from us. It’s a small local airport (only has one package carousel) and its much easier to get to then any of the NYC airports. Jet Blue flies direct to MCO from here- it’s a little more of a cost but the convenience is really worth the extra expense. I booked our tickets pretty soon after the flights were released. We are in row 3 (I love being upfront on the plane) I like to be one of the first people off. I kinda get impatient because it takes everyone else so long to disembark. So being in the front Ill push Jeff into the aisle (kidding sort of) and get off the plane pretty quick.

Our flight leaves at 2:30 and it’s a quick 2.5 hours down to Orlando. We’ve (OK me, Jeff doesn’t plan anything) rented a car for one night. The plan is to go to the other large theme park Downtown area for dinner and to walk around and shop. There are some new restaurants I want to try. Its hard to pick one.

For Sunday night we are staying off site, Right now I have 2 reservations at local hotels, for us as long as its clean for one night we don’t care. Then up early Monday morning (Grocery stop at Publix) then check in at RPR. We will also turn in the car then at Avis.

Then it’s 4+ days at the parks. We are also going to hit up Volcano Bay. I’ve lost 40lbs since January (I made it very clear I wasn’t going to a water park with all that extra weight!) so Im looking forward to some water rides.

I must be honest and say I love food and I love to eat. Most of the ‘planning’ I have done has been pouring over menus and looking at all the fabulous food pics people post. I have a running spreadsheet of all the food I want to try. (Crème Brulee at the Palm anyone?!?!?) – I know I wont get to eat them all but its fun to see all the tasty things to eat. One place we have to go to is Margaritaville and have nachos. Jeff loves Nachos, like last meal on death row loves them, so one meal will be us sharing those. Even though there’s a Margaritaville about 45 minutes from here- we have to have these in USO.

We leave on Friday Sept 28th, we have a 5pm flight. Whether by design or luck there are no HHN’s while we are there. Im a big fraidy cat, but part of me is intrigued to try it. I will be purchasing 5 day 3 park hoppers that we will most likely convert to AP’s (I figure once we are down there it will be a much easier idea to sell) so the HHN’s might be on the table for next year and another visit between then too……

I am really not this long winded in person- If you've read this far thanks!

Ill be back to post some pics of Jeff and I being goofy… (oops wrong character….)

Nice plans!!!!!

And food is so important to plan around...….::yes:: Though big congratulations on the weight loss, that is fabulous!!!

Crème Brulee at the Palm is absolutely calorie free......I`ve been assured by the chef personally…...:rotfl:

Four days at the parks is amazing ! and while staying ar RPR? Very relaxing as well because of EP!! Dining is a very important part of any trip! Nice to try so many different places!

Enjoy reading your plans so far!! Congrats on the weight loss—it takes a lot of work and determination

Nice plans!!!!!

And food is so important to plan around...….::yes:: Though big congratulations on the weight loss, that is fabulous!!!

Crème Brulee at the Palm is absolutely calorie free......I`ve been assured by the chef personally…...:rotfl:

Oh! I didnt know about the calorie free version! Think Ill need to have more than one! :flower1:

Four days at the parks is amazing ! and while staying ar RPR? Very relaxing as well because of EP!! Dining is a very important part of any trip! Nice to try so many different places!

I looking forward to being less rushed this trip- no 'commando' park tours this time!

1B9D44A7-796F-47DF-A22D-EEDC95C163F6.jpeg 2A6F8F80-6E20-473A-B30C-B548B2151A3A.jpeg I’ve been trying to post pics and it’s been a challenge. Hope this works!

Jeff is my fun friend. We always do fun silly things when we are together. This is a pic of each of us trying on the minion goggles we found at a store.

Love the pictures!!!! They`re not too big at all...…

And love the glasses...…..

Who do you look like...……..:scratchin

You have the look of someone famous and I can`t think who it is!!!!

Love the pictures!!!! They`re not too big at all...…

And love the glasses...…..

Who do you look like...……..:scratchin

You have the look of someone famous and I can`t think who it is!!!!

a 13 year gold once ceom up to me and asked me if I was Sandra Bullock - I dont see that at all but it was a nice compliment!

We’ll call you Ms Bullock .....

I do the same thing on what you mentioned for this upcoming
trip
Food planning

I make my trips long so I can hit all the places for their great menus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter