• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PTR Newberrys go Disney

What an amazing time you will have, busy but fantastic, at least you have enough time at WDW, to take your time and enjoy yourself.
Agree with the others, start saving for another holiday now, once you start you just can't stop;)

Oh so true!

Thanks everyone we are all excited! Marlea, we were going to go to San Francisco and san Diego but traded them for NYC, I think all of us will get more out of NYC!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We'd always said that we'd do NYC another time, but now I've decided 'what the heck'. You know I'll be relying on you for information when you get back...

Don't worry I will be taking lots of photos and will have a lengthy TR! We were looking at Malaysia for 2014 but will leave it open just incase our Disney addiction gets out of hand!

Sounds like a very exciting trip!

I agree with comments regarding trying to cram as much into a New York day. We did this for 9 days and my body never hurt so much. I don't regret it but then I don't have kids so was easier.

Thanks everyone we are all excited! Marlea, we were going to go to San Francisco and san Diego but traded them for NYC, I think all of us will get more out of NYC!

The kids have decided they want to go to the natural history museum purely because of the night at the museum movie!

Royal Consort said:
Sounds like a very exciting trip!

I agree with comments regarding trying to cram as much into a New York day. We did this for 9 days and my body never hurt so much. I don't regret it but then I don't have kids so was easier.

I'm not sure how much we will get into one day but we have a few days there so we will just see what we can. How much did you seem to fit into the day? I was thinking probably Central Park a whole day, then maybe say a ride on the ferry around the Statue of Liberty, a visit to ground zero maybe a look at Brooklyn bridge in one day. Does that sound realistic?

Marlea98 said:
The kids have decided they want to go to the natural history museum purely because of the night at the museum movie!

Yes! I hope we can fit that in as well but that may be wishful thinking lol

I'm not sure how much we will get into one day but we have a few days there so we will just see what we can. How much did you seem to fit into the day? I was thinking probably Central Park a whole day, then maybe say a ride on the ferry around the Statue of Liberty, a visit to ground zero maybe a look at Brooklyn bridge in one day. Does that sound realistic?

We fit a great deal into our time there but I exhausted myself to the point I got sick. I was doing stupid things though like Statue of Liberty, the Met, Museum of Natural History, Rockefeller and a Broadway show. Was up 6am and back at midnight. Then there were the days when I was doing a Broadway matinee and evening show back to back after a museum in the morning (those were pretty great actually).

Then we smashed out a day in DC doing space museum, museum of american history, the capitol, washington momument, lincoln memorial, the white house, and then a very very exhausted train ride back to NYC following a stiff drink. We were pretty comprehensive and I managed to plan sufficient time for everything so we weren't skimping. We're fast walkers too which helped. We always knew what we were doing. Going commando touring was fine and really adrenaline pumping several years ago but I'm no longer in my early or mid 20's now and am unable to go at the pace I used to without making myself sick (apparently). Yup getting old :P

I think your plan sounds ok, depending on how tired your kids get. About 3/4 across the Brooklyn bridge I was sore and kinda over it having wandered most of the day. I'd probably do 9/11 memorial first thing to avoid the long lines through security (that's what we did), followed by Brooklyn and then the ferry.

Thats going to be a blast, cant wait to see all your photos etc, and to see what you thought of the USA. Awesome trip, but beware it can be addictive :rotfl2:

So I called mynTA about one flight change yesterday and was 4old I have not one but four flight changes :faint: two are ok but the other two are going to leave us exhausted! I am really hoping for no more changes but this far out I don't like my chances. So we arrive in L.A. after a huge flight via Hawaii at 9.30pm to have to be back at the airport by 6am i am hoping we actually wake up amd make it!:scared: the only alternative was a flight that wouldn't get us intonEs Orleans until after midnight that night! Our other changer saw us getting up at 3am to fly from Orlando to L.A. so we have changed it to a 7pm flight that will get us to L.A. around 10pm. Let's hope they move that one forward an hour!

Wow I love the sound of your trip

What a bugger about your flight changes, yucko time changes.

Jess - sounds like an awesome trip you've got planned. Busy but awesome.You are going to have an amazing time.

It's not quite like the movie. My kids were disappointed.

Probably 1 whole day in Central Park will feel like a bit too much. Central Park is massive and impossible to see in 1 day anyway but I think you would get bored if you actually tried to spend a whole day there.

We have visited the park 3 times and haven't seen it all and don't imagine we ever will :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Chiming in a bit late-I would combine Central Park with the History Museum (presuming you weren't doing the Met). Its not exactly like the movie but if you do a selection of key galleries like 1 or 2 of the rooms of stuffed animals - the ocean one is especially good, and the top floor dinosaur exhibit- basically don't try to do too much, the kids being younger should enjoy it. Maybe let them have a look at some TR with pics that include it or go to the museum's website and maybe they can pick a couple of galleries they'd each like to see. The planetarium attached is also very good especially if either are interested in space.

Central Park is opposite the Museum so you can wander before or after. Eg, from the bottom entrance having caught the subway to Columbus Circle, you can do a bit of a circuit past the main lower sights (various kids story book statues, the pond, the zoo, the Great Lawn) then cut across to the Museum for the second half of the day-or visa versa. The children's playgrounds amazed us but it was mid summer and they had all the water features working. There is one just north of the Museum on the Museum side of the park and another called 'Ancient Playground' just north of the Met (on the opposite side of the park across from the Museum-around 85th) which are particularly good. There is also Heckscher's Playground near the Columbus Circle entrance (called Mariners Gate).

Have a fantastic trip-looking forward to a report with pics in due course ::yes::

Thanks Wendy! To be honest I haven't even considered the met! Those playgrounds you mentioned make me think we probably won't make it to any museums! We are pretty strapped for time in nyc so will have to start researching the best places to visit. I would love to watch a ball game and a show of some kind but I will have to look further into the options.

Well with less than 6 weeks to go I have started to pack and freak out about EVERYTHING! :scared1: Will I need warm clothing? Am I doing the right thing going to WDW and not Disneyland? Do I have enough money/ How much money will I need each day? ARRRGGGHHH It's driving me crazy!

We've got just under 8 weeks and I haven't started stressing yet!
I think it's easier though because we are only going to one place, with one temperature, where we've been before.
If I was doing your trip, I'd definately be stressing!

Chill, relax. You're doing the right thing. It'll be a great holiday for you and the family. :flower3:

Well with less than 6 weeks to go I have started to pack and freak out about EVERYTHING! :scared1: Will I need warm clothing? Am I doing the right thing going to WDW and not Disneyland? Do I have enough money/ How much money will I need each day? ARRRGGGHHH It's driving me crazy!

You'll be fine :goodvibes If you take the wrong sort of clothes, you can always buy some over there. And if you run out of cash, you can always get some more out. Your family will love WDW, and you'll all have a great trip :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter