PTP: 1st visit for our princesses!

Congrats on your first trip!! You'll have so much fun.

MNSSHP was fun, but we only went because we had more days in the parks. I think you made a good call by not going considering you only have a few full days to work with, and MNSSHP is exhausting!

Congrats on your first trip!! You'll have so much fun.

MNSSHP was fun, but we only went because we had more days in the parks. I think you made a good call by not going considering you only have a few full days to work with, and MNSSHP is exhausting!

Thanks! Thats good to know. I'm happy with the decision!

Now I'm planning the surprise reveal.

Here are my two current plans. I just have to pick between them. DH says he likes both, so that's no help!! I pre-ordered some princess tshirts, gift cards, mouse ears and autograph books and pens, so they are part of both options.

1) Thinking about making a special breakfast the morning we leave (mickey mouse pancakes anyone?) and putting the ears on the place setting, maybe with some confetti and the maps, with a letter from Mickey asking them too come.

2) Packing up everything the night before in the van, and telling them when we get to the airport, giving them the ears and what not there.

I'm leaning towards 1 because DD8 is gonna know something is up when I dont wake her up and send her to school on the bus. But, we could tell her that she's going with us b/c we have to take dad to the airport.

I'm mentally packing now, trying to put a list together of things that I need get together. We went to a kids concert the other night, and got some light up things for cheap there (well, cheap compared to disney prices!) so I'm going to toss those in too.

So I have on my list:
ponchos
light up things from the concert
mister fan
water bottles
autograph books/pens
ears
clothes for us all
toiletries
sunscreen
shoes
park bag
first aid/otc med kit
laundry soap (probably the purex sheets)
easy bfast snacks and other nibbles
camera/batteries
I still need to get a crazy scarf for the stroller we are renting from OSR.
I'm sure there is more. I'll edit as I think of it...

Wanted to sub :) We originally were supposed to go around the time of MNSSHP too, and decided against it because of the cost. We had planned on taking our 4yo DD to trick or treat at Downtown Disney instead. Now we're going the week after that, though.

There are some good educational things you could have her do - give her a disposable camera and have her do a photo essay. This is especially great if you're going to the World Showcase - all of those countries! Have her ask someone in each "world" how to say hello in their language and have her remember to report back (have her write it down so she remembers!)

There are some good educational things you could have her do - give her a disposable camera and have her do a photo essay. This is especially great if you're going to the World Showcase - all of those countries! Have her ask someone in each "world" how to say hello in their language and have her remember to report back (have her write it down so she remembers!)

OH GOOD IDEA! I really like the photo essay!!

So I talked to DD8's teacher some more (via email, as to not ruin the surprise) and we've settled on letting her keep a journal of her experience, and then picking something out of that she'd like to learn more about to do a report.

I am writting some questions for her to answer each day to give her a place to start.

FIVE DAYS!!!

I have to get to the store today and pick up some last minute things...
I need a scarf to tie to the stroller, I need some odds and end to round out our first aid kit.

I also am going to pick up some blank note cards, and write an invitation to the girls to dine at CRT from Cindy...and leave them in our room to find on Friday night before we eat with Cindy on Saturday.

Still haven't decided how we are going to tell them....I have to come up with that soon!!

We are flying SW, so I added early bird check in on the return flight. I like the idea of not having to stress about check in. *whew*

Hi! I followed you over from a post you made on the "snake" CBR story and just wanted to wish you well on your first trip to Disney!!!

I hope you have a wonderful trip full of magic & pixie dust!:wizard:

Hi, I followed you from the snake story thread too!

We are leaving for Disney World tomorrow, so we'll be down there at the same time. We aren't doing MNSSHP either, but we will try it eventually.

I hope you have good times and good weather on your trip to the World!!!

ACK!! Its almost HERE!! I totally can't wait! I want to tell the kids SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad, but we have almost made it!! Bags are packed and hidden....

Now time is crawling!!

We told the kids....And they FREAKED! DD8 got up and got ready for school. DD4 wandered to the dining room and saw her mouse ears and a cards addressed to the "Princesses" of the house.

DD4 ran to get DD8 and she came in already for school, looked at the ears, opened the card and read it out loud so her sister would know what it said....
She got to the bottom and looked at me. I said, what does it mean? She said....Um, that we are going some where? I said yeah...where...she said...real quietly....walt disney world? I said yes...and how are we getting there? She said...on a plane? I said yes....they looked at each other and FREAKED! LOL They were more subdued that I expected...but it was still cute. Now that it has sunk in they are wild...bouncing off the walls....talking about it.

HEHE. It was FUN! :rotfl2::cool1::cool1:

We told the kids....And they FREAKED! DD8 got up and got ready for school. DD4 wandered to the dining room and saw her mouse ears and a cards addressed to the "Princesses" of the house.

DD4 ran to get DD8 and she came in already for school, looked at the ears, opened the card and read it out loud so her sister would know what it said....
She got to the bottom and looked at me. I said, what does it mean? She said....Um, that we are going some where? I said yeah...where...she said...real quietly....walt disney world? I said yes...and how are we getting there? She said...on a plane? I said yes....they looked at each other and FREAKED! LOL They were more subdued that I expected...but it was still cute. Now that it has sunk in they are wild...bouncing off the walls....talking about it.

HEHE. It was FUN! :rotfl2::cool1::cool1:

I bet it was! HAVE A GREAT TRIP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter