Psyching Up!

Shaun C.

Earning My Ears
So. How do you fine folks psych yourself up for your upcoming trips? I've found myself watching a lot of YouTube videos of Disney vloggers, live streams, hotel reviews, restaurant reviews, etc. I know my trip is still over a year away, which is more than enough time for a lot to change, but it's keeping my interest and intensity high. Whenever I start to second-guess myself and think "Maybe I should use this money for something else..." it really just gets me back in the spirit and reminds me how much I just need this vacation.

Youtube and these boards do it for me, but I also have a playlist on my phone called "The World" with various movie, ride, and show songs. A couple Disney film scores are thrown in, too. It's long enough (and growing!) to get me through the 3-4 hours drive to Central FL and I sometimes put it on for my day-to-day driving.

I love the youtube videos from Dis. So many it can keep you busy for months. I love to look at the hotel and get dining reviews. When I'm really feeling like I need a vacation, I'll watch monorail loop videos. Shameless.

With all the music on my phone-seriously, about 10 days worth of area loops, queues, ride audio and fireworks-and all the Dis Unplugged shows I watch all week, it's never really hard for me. I buy one Dis GC every paycheck so when it's time to go, I apply the GC's to the balance and don't worry about it. The GC's are a line item in my budget.

That's how I get ready to go. :)

With all the music on my phone-seriously, about 10 days worth of area loops, queues, ride audio and fireworks-and all the Dis Unplugged shows I watch all week, it's never really hard for me. I buy one Dis GC every paycheck so when it's time to go, I apply the GC's to the balance and don't worry about it. The GC's are a line item in my budget.

That's how I get ready to go. :)

That's a really good plan. The way I'm doing it is just having $100 from each paycheck auto-transferred to my savings, and then I'll pay off my vacation in $500 increments (so one payment every 2 1/2 months, roughly.) But I like that GC idea!

That's a really good plan. The way I'm doing it is just having $100 from each paycheck auto-transferred to my savings, and then I'll pay off my vacation in $500 increments (so one payment every 2 1/2 months, roughly.) But I like that GC idea!

That works too! Really, it's all about what works for you. Certain stores and their loyalty programs also get you points/discounts for GC purchases, so that's something to possibly think about as well.

For the record, I'm always psyched about a Disney trip. I likely need a BF who is on board with that...

That works too! Really, it's all about what works for you. Certain stores and their loyalty programs also get you points/discounts for GC purchases, so that's something to possibly think about as well.
We have a Discover card and wait for the 5% cash back promotion to include wholesale clubs and then take advantage of the small gift card discounts at BJ's or Sam's Club. You can net around 8.5% savings doing it that way.

I agree...there are a lot of deals out there for the people who want to go after them. I don't do Sam's and don't have a BJ's here...but I get fuel points on GC's at a local grocery store regardless of which payment method I use. I also get points in a few apps for all purchases which allows me to get GC's or PayPal cash.

Yeah I see those promotions for everywhere except the region where I live. Any way to save some cash on the gift cards is a good approach.

So. How do you fine folks psych yourself up for your upcoming trips? I've found myself watching a lot of YouTube videos of Disney vloggers, live streams, hotel reviews, restaurant reviews, etc. I know my trip is still over a year away, which is more than enough time for a lot to change, but it's keeping my interest and intensity high. Whenever I start to second-guess myself and think "Maybe I should use this money for something else..." it really just gets me back in the spirit and reminds me how much I just need this vacation.

I like to listen to the Disney park music (especially the Epcot entrance music and the Space Mountain soundtrack), available via youtube.com, while I do school work or other administrative tasks. It really helps you feel immersed while at home.

Personally, I avoid watching videos so I don't notice too many details and still see lots of surprises in the parks. Although at Disney, there are so many details there is always something new to notice.

I like to listen to the Disney park music (especially the Epcot entrance music and the Space Mountain soundtrack), available via youtube.com, while I do school work or other administrative tasks. It really helps you feel immersed while at home.

Every week I end up finding new area music or park music to add to my iTunes library. The newest stuff has been New Orleans Square area music, DCA Food and Wine, the Poly and all the versions of Spaceship Earth.

SE and The Land tend to have calming effects on me. Happily Ever After, the single, makes me cry. The EPCOT "go home" music (aka Promise, IIRC) is also a crier. Grim Grinning Ghosts just makes me smile. Just added a dozen new tracks last night.

One of my favorites is a lilted Beauty and the Beast that they play about 15-20 minutes before Happily Ever After. I have only heard it on the disney parks app, and can't find it on youtube.

One of my favorites is a lilted Beauty and the Beast that they play about 15-20 minutes before Happily Ever After. I have only heard it on the disney parks app, and can't find it on youtube.

I assume you mean Once Upon a Time? It comes after HEA, as of this past May.

Ah, gotcha. I've been able to find a lot of Happily Ever After, including the single of the song, on YouTube. I wake up to HEA every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!