PSA for parents sorry long with out punctuation

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
I don't know why I felt compelled to do this but I read that when kids hear teens and adults screem it ruins there child's day and in turn ruins there's however not every screamer is like that in my case I lack depth perception even with my new lenses there for if I think I am falling I well scream knee jerk reaction

Sorry long with out punctuation

I'm sure you've been reading the thread about Haunted Mansion.

There is a huge difference between an actual reaction to something that is actually scary (falling), and reacting ON PURPOSE to something that isn't scary, is always there, and doesn't require interactivity (the HM stretching room).

I don't know why I felt compelled to do this but I read that when kids hear teens and adults screem it ruins there child's day and in turn ruins there's however not every screamer is like that in my case I lack depth perception even with my new lenses there for if I think I am falling I well scream knee jerk reaction

Sorry long with out punctuation
Ok.

I was thinking of doing fop but not if my screem out of fear is going to ruin everyone's day

It's like part of me what's to try it with every fiber of my being but not if it's going to ruin someone else day

I was thinking of doing fop but not if my screem out of fear is going to ruin everyone's day

It's like part of me what's to try it with every fiber of my being but not if it's going to ruin someone else day

Ok now I'm kinda understanding the purpose of your thread.
A genuine scared scream on a ride is not annoying.
I also don't find woo-hoo I'm having a great time scream to be annoying.
Its the obnoxious idiots that have been on something a hundred times and very fake loud scream over and over again that can ruin the experience.

Do FoP. No one is going to care if you scream. And if they do so what? It's not your problem if they can't handle someone screaming on a thrill ride. Anyone who day is ruined because of something so ridiculous is gonna have a rough go-about in life... whether you're enjoying yourself a tad too loudly or not.

When I was in my early 20s before I got my new glasses I was on the island in MK a family was right behind me and you would have thought I mirderd the child with the way the mom reacted to me taking a miss step because as soon as I reacted so did her kid

I am sure there would be no missteps now because of my new glasses but it's amazing how some parents don't think of invisible disabilities but I do and I wish more did not that it's there job but if they did this thread would not exist

OK, are you worried about tripping and screaming, or are you worried about screaming on a ride? Is FOP even a thrill ride that would involve fear that would cause a scream?

Its the obnoxious idiots that have been on something a hundred times and very fake loud scream over and over again that can ruin the experience.

Exactly.

When I was in my early 20s before I got my new glasses I was on the island in MK a family was right behind me and you would have thought I mirderd the child with the way the mom reacted to me taking a miss step because as soon as I reacted so did her kid

If the family was behind you, why bother turning around while dealing with your own fear to check out what was going on with them?

I am sure there would be no missteps now because of my new glasses but it's amazing how some parents don't think of invisible disabilities but I do and I wish more did not that it's there job but if they did this thread would not exist

You're allowed to have your reactions and other people are allowed to have their own reactions.

If you're scared of falling and a child is scared of your scream, then you're both having legitimate fears and reactions. And even the mom is allowed to have her reaction.

And I once fell down a flight of stairs in my 20s and didn't make a single sound. Falling doesn't equal screaming to me (I'm spending too much energy trying to NOT fall), so I don't know why it causes a scream response, but that's your reaction.

Have fun and do what you need to do! Ignore everyone else and their opinion! :D

I scream like an idiot on rollercoasters but that's to distract myself from the motion sickness and vertigo. I could care less if people look at me funny or say some rude comment, because the alternative of "painting with all the colors of the wind" on a rollercoaster is NOT my idea of a good time! And it definitely wouldn't be for any of the other "poor unfortunate souls", so I scream and they have to put up with listening to it. :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter