PSA for anyone interested in Squid Game

Is it really violent? I was thinking of watching it but I hate when it’s just constant fighting. I much prefer puzzles/mystery.

I watch lots of foreign shows mostly Korean ( love them ❤) but others as well and refuse to watch them dubbed. The voices sound so off to me and they annoy me. 😂 I always use the subtitles.

I am intrigued to watch Squid Game but also scared. 😂 I tend to watch to watch lighter non violent dramas. A friend is watching and said it is gory but very intriguing. I probably will give it a try but am definitely going out of the box with this one. 😂

It’s very violent, but a mystery too, I hate watching violence but love this show (covering my eyes).

Im embarrassed to admit I really enjoyed it also. Yes it's violent but mostly by gunshots. I was hooked by the third episode and cried during episode six. Ha! (Ok I liked The Hunger Games too.) :rolleyes1
I watched with subtitles and in Korean. The english dubbing and subtitles didn't really match and was distracting.

Im embarrassed to admit I really enjoyed it also. Yes it's violent but mostly by gunshots. I was hooked by the third episode and cried during episode six. Ha! (Ok I liked The Hunger Games too.) :rolleyes1
I watched with subtitles and in Korean. The english dubbing and subtitles didn't really match and was distracting.
I’m watching now with subtitles after watching it dubbed. I’ve been reading about poor dubbing in Korean movies, it’s amazing how hearing their real voices changes it.

I appreciate that it’s in Korean with subtitles. It just makes it feel more authentic. It’s like watching a movie about WWII but the Nazis are speaking English.

Anyway, so far I am enjoying it on Episode 7. It’s definitely not for everyone but if you like The Hunger Games then this should be no problem since it doesn’t even involve kids.

I read that this show is now a worldwide sensation and very likely to become Netflix's top show all-time, on pace to surpass Bridgerton. Some analysts speculated that the show contributed to Netflix's share price jump over the past week or so despite the broader market decline, especially in tech stocks. Finally, there was so much streaming traffic in Asia that one of the broadband providers is suing Netflix to help cover the increased costs of all the streaming traffic the show generated!

I was introduced to the show by my daughter about 10 days ago. It was bingeworthy except it is so intense that I don't want to be too stressed out. My daughter and I covered our eyes during the more gory scenes, but I really appreciate how well done the show is and there is so much to unpack with the some of the themes that reveal the good and bad of human nature. My daughter commented that The Blue Danube music will in her mind forever be associated with the people climbing the stairs to their next deadly game. Yikes!

For those who have watched the episode, anyone wondered how could a piece of paper be buried in the egg yolk of a hard-boiled egg and the egg is still intact?

I cannot watched dubbed shows on Netflix. I have hearing problems and use closed captions. It’s as if they gave the people doing the dubbing and the people doing the closed captioning different scripts (I’m not totally deaf so I do hear the dubbing as well). If I leave in the « foreign » language, at least I don‘t know if the translation is off.

Is it really violent? I was thinking of watching it but I hate when it’s just constant fighting. I much prefer puzzles/mystery.

I downloaded a few episodes to watch on my flight yesterday and was a little worried someone was going to complain. I fast forwarded through most of the violence and gore after the 1st episode so not to offend my row mate.

I loved it. Yes, the dubbing was annoying at times, but the concept of the show was very good and very well acted.

If Curb Your Enthusiasm is the adult version of Seinfeld, Squid Game is the adult version of The Hunger Games.

I'm considering it for reading after I finish Dave Grohl, Storyteller, that comes out/downloads to my tablet tomorrow.

Just finished binge watching it. I’ll go with “hunger games for adults”. Perfect description. I love all the international show’s Netflix offered great change of pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter