Proposal Locations (Not in the Parks)

Maria_Ohana

Mouseketeer
My step-son is going to propose to his GF next week. They are staying at Coronado for 1 night. He is looking for a quiet spot to propose that is not in the parks or crowded.

I suggested Amphicar, Carriage Ride (POR). Ideas?

Good choice on the Amphicar. How about a hay ride at Ft Wilderness?

Also, since you are CSR he might consider Toledo, or the adjacent Dali lounge. There is a balcony area where you can look out over the lights of WDW that might be appropriate.

Also, since you are CSR he might consider Toledo, or the adjacent Dali lounge. There is a balcony area where you can look out over the lights of WDW that might be appropriate.
We have never stayed at Coronado, is Toledo on sight? I can tell him. We arrive the next day after the proposal, but we'll be at Riviera.

Oh, they are having dinner at Marimoto Asia.

I would be out on the amphicar, the seating is kind of tight the driver is basically right on top of you so your getting zero privacy. At least with a carriage ride you get a few feet(privacy) of distance between yourself and the coach driver.

I asked my wife and she doesn't find the amphicar all that romantic but would have loved the carriage ride. She suggested the fireworks yacht out of the GF but I'm not sure that's back in operation, yet.

I'd call the Coronado or Marimoto and ask for advice! I bet you'll find someone who's delighted to help.
But I agree on carriage over amphicar! Best wishes to them.

It depends on if you want a public vs private proposal. Many of the hotel lobbies would be lovely places for a very public proposal (if that's what your SO is into).

We also found that on the little island at Caribbean Beach Resort where the playground is, there is a small sandy area with hammocks that was pretty quiet and had a nice view of the Skyliner.

Another option is the boardwalk viewing area at Wilderness Lodge that leads to the boats and goes by the geyser.

The Boardwalk Cottages are also in a very pretty and quiet area at the Boardwalk Inn.

There is a very pretty gazebo on the lake at Boardwalk. I've seen weddings take place there.
Edited to add that the Swan & Dolphin have pedal Swan boats. I don't know if they can be rented if you aren't staying there though. They are free to guests of Swan & Dolphin.

Carriage ride at Ft. Wilderness, pathway between POFQ and POR, the gazebo at SSR resort that overlooks Disney Springs/where the boats go by, Ft. Wilderness beach during the Electrical Water Pageant.

Remember the recent video of the guy who proposed on a boat and dropped the ring in the water? I probably would rule out boat ideas. But that's just me.

If the timing was right, he could be in the Beach Club area outside Epcot during Harmonius. I assume it has fireworks that can be seen from there. But on re-reading OP's post, I see that the couple will be eating dinner in Disney Springs, so he probably won't want to try to get to the Epcot area for this.

If it's in Disney Springs...it looks like there's an area behind the welcome center that's a little walkway over the water. Since it isn't a bridge and doesn't seem connected to any restaurants, it may be less crowded:

Area map.png

Here is the "street view"
Behind welcome center.png

I also echo some PPs in ringing up the restaurant and asking if they have experience?

Right in front of Morimoto Asia, thereis also a little alcove that looks over the springs area
Half circles.png

As a PSA, you can definitely use Google Maps street view to scout out areas before you arrive (In case you don't have time to do it in person without looking suspicious).

I like the idea of the carriage ride.
Not so much the Amphicar. Like said previously, I'd be worried sick the ring would take a trip over the side. Nobody wants to be on one of those fails videos!

If he can do the carriage ride at POR then take the boat to DS for dinner, that might work. Disclaimer: I was proposed to on a carriage at the Omni Mount Washington, so I'm biased.
If all the stars align, he can do proposal on the carriage, take the boat, then walk to morimoto and he can probably add a celebration to the reservation.

Not sure what the budget is (or if you could get a reservation this short notice), but a private fireworks pontoon ride on seven seas lagoon would be magical. The Polynesian beach, Wilderness Lodge geyser area, and the pretty mosaic murals at Riviera at night also come to mind.

If he wants something where he doesn’t have to travel anywhere I agree the outdoor patio at Dahlia has been quiet in my experience and the views are nice. He might even be able to surprise her- if he hasn’t already set her radar off 🤣- by saying let’s go grab a drink or let’s go check out the view (you don’t need to buy a drink to go out on their patio).

The signature restaurant next to it, Toledo’s, is gorgeous if he wants to propose over a nice dinner.

Another vote here for Dahlia Lounge. The tower is lovely, the views are great, food is delicious. The restaurant across is also great, but the lounge is much more laid back.

There are some super cute little fountains here and there all over the coronado property, any one of them would be lovely in the evening. Even the space behind the lobby overlooking the water and the entire walking path in general is really beautiful just after sunset.
I think there is a sangria making class at coronado as well...might be fun to have some beverages and then ask if one of those classes fits into their schedule...or ask somewhere on property and celebrate with the class after!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter