Problems logging in for FP selection

luvgoing2disney

DIS Veteran
i feel guilty asking this with all that's going on right now but today is my FP selection day and it will not let me log on for the selection. I've entered my confirmation number and selected DW as part of the party, but it keeps asking if all parties have tickets which we do. I would not try to call as the wait times would be too long so though t I would ask here for any suggestions

If you have a package booked, you may not be at the 60-day mark.

When is your resort check-in date?

I log in, select FP selection, select guests, then it takes me to the Not So Fast screen asking if everyone has tickets, which we do.

I log in, select FP selection, select guests, then it takes me to the Not So Fast screen asking if everyone has tickets, which we do.

Just confirming/ did this message go away for you on day 60? I'm getting this message and also could not find this covered in other threads.

Just confirming/ did this message go away for you on day 60? I'm getting this message and also could not find this covered in other threads.
It's in the Booking section of the FP FAQ.

If you have a Package with Tickets, there's no reason to check your MDE until 7:00a ET on the day your window opens.

From Post #3 (Booking Windows) of the FP FAQ:
For onsite guests with a room/ticket package, the 60-day prebooking window will not appear until the 60-day mark. Before this point, it is normal for various members and/or their tickets to not appear on the MDX account. The entire traveling party and their tickets will appear at the 60-day mark in almost all cases. It is generally not possible to practice booking FPs beforehand in this situation.

Really wish they'd figure out a way for onsite guests to see they have tickets before their 60 day mark. Yes for the vast majority it pops up when their window opens but a) it can be nerve wracking to not see it there when you know you HAVE to do everyone on your 60 day mark and b) for the small percentage of guests who genuinely have a problem with tickets not being linked correctly on the account it would be nice to know this and fix it before the 60 day mark and not the morning of.

Really wish they'd figure out a way for onsite guests to see they have tickets before their 60 day mark. Yes for the vast majority it pops up when their window opens but a) it can be nerve wracking to not see it there when you know you HAVE to do everyone on your 60 day mark and b) for the small percentage of guests who genuinely have a problem with tickets not being linked correctly on the account it would be nice to know this and fix it before the 60 day mark and not the morning of.
Having a Package is not a perk at all for FP booking. It's best to book Room-only and buy tickets from a 3rd Party discount ticket seller.

Then, you'd have an immediate 30-day window that expands to 60-days when your booking window opens.

Tickets that are part of Packages do not become active until actual check-in day.

It's your "Package" that opens the window - as long as someone knows their Package is linked, they should just wait until their 60-day window opens.

That's why @mesaboy2 has it highlighted in the FP FAQ.

Having a Package is not a perk at all for FP booking. It's best to book Room-only and buy tickets from a 3rd Party discount ticket seller.

Then, you'd have an immediate 30-day window that expands to 60-days when your booking window opens.

Tickets that are part of Packages do not become active until actual check-in day.

It's your "Package" that opens the window - as long as someone knows their Package is linked, they should just wait until their 60-day window opens.

That's why @mesaboy2 has it highlighted in the FP FAQ.

Ya I wish I could buy discounted tickets but I always go during free dining so I always have to get the package. At least if they stop doing free dining I can do what you suggested.

Also I know that if my package is there my FPs will open up on my 60 day but it doesn't stop me worrying that it won't and I'll be calling tech support while all the good FPs are snatched up.

@Lavitz - yeah, free dining parameters makes that difficult.

Have you ever had a situation where your tickets didn't "exist" at the moment your 60-day window opened for your Package?

It's a shame that a billion dollar company like Disney does not have one additional page for guests where instead if the "Not so fast" page they had something along the lines of "Your reservation is all set, but you can't make FP selections until". As it is now, when you get the page it looks like there could be several things preventing it, none of which are date referenced.

As guests, it has become almost mandatory to make selections 180/60 days out so folks get a little stresssed out when appearing to have problems

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter