Problem changing reservation

luvyawdw

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone: here is my question, hope someone can help. We are planning a trip in June with our relatives, they made their reservation already. So meantime, I am checking the disney site and shopping around for the best deal, I found the exact same dates they have same type room, same tickets, for about 500 less. I emailed it to my cousin and told him to call CRO and ask them to modify the reservation. He did, but they told him the rate must have been attached to a special code or something, but it wasnt, it was under special offers. Anyway, how can he get the deal off the website if he already reserved under the more expensive offer. If he cancels through CRO will he loose his deposit? I thought he should try to move his deposit over to the better offer through CRO, but again they said they could not get the same offer. We go in June so maybe he would not lose his deposit should he cancel now? Anyone with advice...thank you. :surfweb:

if you priced it with the public code (it is listed in the small writing) I would call back, you will likely get a different result!:thumbsup2
good luck!

Sometimes it makes a difference which CM you get, some are more accommodating than others ;) Definitely try again and let us know how it went :wave:

Sometimes it makes a difference which CM you get, some are more accommodating than others ;) Definitely try again and let us know how it went :wave:

I'll second that. I called the first time to see if I could change my package so I can get the free gift card. The first CM i got said there was no availability. The second CM I got said she added it. I called back and the second CM i talked to did not add it after all. The third CM finally added it...I'm going to call 1 more time just to reconfirm...all CMs I've encountered are all really nice though!

Thanks everyone:goodvibes, its great to hear different experiences, it helps me to prepare for many the calls i might have to make! :thumbsup2

Looking online, you may have missed it. But all the offers under the "special offers" tab does have a special code. Some CMs will look these up for you, but I don't think they are supposed to. If you go over to mousesavers, all the codes will be listed. Get the code there, call in and have the code applied to the existing reservation.

It can definitely be done. I've done it twice already with my existing reservation. Look on the Special Offers page of the Disney site. Find the offer that you want to take advantage of and then scroll down until you see a three letter code. Call Disney and tell them you want to modify the existing reservation so that you can take advantage of the special offer that's out now. Then, give them the three letter code so they can look it up in their system.

If a castmember doesn't seem to want to help you, simply says "thanks anyway", hang up and call back. You're sure to get another castmember and hopefully they'll be willing to look around a bit to find the special offer code.

I booked my trip online - when I realised I could get it cheaper, I booked the better offer, then called and cancelled the first booking. I was more than 45 days out, so no penalty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter