Princess Weekend 2024!

For those of you who have run the princess half (or any half?) and stayed at an EPCOT resort (BW, BC/YC), if you stay at the after party long enough and run slow enough, are you able to walk back to the Beach Club (or your EPCOT resort) after the race if the park is open? I assume you need your park ticket/valid admission but if you are an AP and have an EPCOT park pass for that day, is this an option? Otherwise, do you take a bus back to the resort?

We usually stay at the GF for races and take the monorail back so now I am curious what options we might have.
This is what I usually do because I'd rather not sit on a bus after a race if I can help it. I've rope dropped Starbucks many times on my way back to my room after a race. My favorite experience was when I walked back after the Springtime 10k last year dressed as George Sanderson and was complimented on my "candy corn" costume. 🤣

And I don't think I've had to go through back through security again to get into Epcot after a race. I'm pretty sure you're still in the security bubble, unless you leave to walk out into the parking lot or something. I usually walk back the way we come in in the mornings and head straight to the ticketing gates.

FOMO alert. I just finished booking park tickets.... for the weekend after Princess Weekend. Just dang.
Fairly sure the wife's company delayed their conference this year so as not to conflict with PW. Dang squared.
As Maxwell Smart would say: Missed it by that much.

After five straight visits that were part of a race weekend, it's going to feel odd to be there with no running to do.
You guys enjoy race weekend for me.
OTOH, I will enoy my first breakfast at the Crystal Palace in over 15 years. So looking forward to that before walking it off the rest of the day....

Shouldn't we have gotten some idea what the race merchandise is going to look like by now? Did I miss something?

Shouldn't we have gotten some idea what the race merchandise is going to look like by now? Did I miss something?
Nope, nothing posted yet. I have a rewards redemption card for the official merchandise, but I won't be getting to the expo until mid-Thursday afternoon. My cousin and I land around noon and her younger sister should be landing a few minutes after us. Then we'll Uber to the resort, grab lunch, and head to the expo.

FWIW, last year: vid with merch preview posted on IG on Friday 2/17, race weekend started 2/24. Doesn't seem like they're consistent on this by race weekend though.

May have missed it , but when and where do they post coral assignments? I’m doing 5k next Friday

May have missed it , but when and where do they post coral assignments? I’m doing 5k next Friday
You don't find out until you pick up your bib at the expo.

We should be getting expo passes soon, and that will have your bib number. Sometimes people like to try and guess corrals based on the range of bib numbers, but you won't know for sure until you get your actual bib.

You don't find out until you pick up your bib at the expo.

We should be getting expo passes soon, and that will have your bib number. Sometimes people like to try and guess corrals based on the range of bib numbers, but you won't know for sure until you get your actual bib.
Thank you!

I accidentally clicked on the link to the rundisney page while looking at the merch and the half showed register now, Just as I was wondering if I could put together a super short trip and clicked on the link it took me to a page that said registration closed. Did the half never sell out?

I accidentally clicked on the link to the rundisney page while looking at the merch and the half showed register now, Just as I was wondering if I could put together a super short trip and clicked on the link it took me to a page that said registration closed. Did the half never sell out?

Yes, it sold out in 197 minutes on registration day, but rD sometimes releases a few bibs here and there. They typically go very fast. https://www.disboards.com/threads/princess-weekend-2024.3912893/post-64880363

I'm seeing the same thing. There was an alert about the half opening up yesterday so it might be a glitch of some sort.

I'm seeing the same thing. There was an alert about the half opening up yesterday so it might be a glitch of some sort.
When you click on the link it says "Registration is now closed", which is different than yesterday when it said that Registration was full.

I've been stalking the Telegram notifications for weeks trying to get into yoga, so I guess my hope for registering is now extinct. Oh well, guess I'll sleep in on Monday (but I'm rope-dropping Animal Kingdom, so not so much)

I have to say, hopefully I'll coast on my fitness level coming off of Marathon Weekend, as I never been so underprepared for a race as I am now. Work and life has hit me really hard in the past 6 weeks and I just did not have the energy to make time to run. 🤞 for good weather and fun times next week to make up for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE