• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Weekend 2022

wait... is that Ping half medal a spinner? It looks like a spinner. Also those flowers on the challenge medal might spin, looking closer.

I have mix feelings on the medals. I love the touches of 50th in there. I also love the designs and love the princess choices but some of the faces are messed up. I wish they could fix the faces and then they would be perfect. I want to see the back side of the mulan, since it is a spinner.

I've reached my fundraising goal but the charity won't answer my emails to issue my registration link... Anybody else ever have this issue?

DopeyBadger was right, I should just have waited for regular registration!
If it’s any consolation, the charity I’ve run through for the past 3 (or 4?) years has always taken longer than standard registration to get us our registration links. I’m not exactly sure why, especially since my boyfriend’s family is close with their runDisney organizer, but that’s been our experience. Maybe charities just don’t get their links at the same time as everyone else?

I might be misremembering, but the faces often look a lot weirder in the images than in person.
Not sure why it's consistently so hard to get Cinderella's face right, though.

I have mix feelings on the medals. I love the touches of 50th in there. I also love the designs and love the princess choices but some of the faces are messed up. I wish they could fix the faces and then they would be perfect. I want to see the back side of the mulan, since it is a spinner.
Faces are hard to get right in this medium. Personally I thought the older Princess medals, which were not colored in, looked "weird"-er than these. But you saw the same thing in the Star Wars medals when they represented "live actors" (not a costumed or masked character). In 2019, Luke was more Justin Bieber than Mark Hamill for instance. And if I was John Boyega I'd have been insulted at the likeness on his 5k medal.

Maybe that's why the "glass slipper" medals were the choice of design for so many years. I don't know the whole history of these medals but it feels like they only started putting actual princesses on them, instead of a shoe or a rose or some other object, pretty recently.

I think part of what is weird about the faces is due to glare.

And yes, the Ping medal definitely looks like a spinner. I wonder if the other side has Mulan as Mulan, instead of Ping?
It looks like two of them have some contouring (is that the right word for it?) to add depth in the face. That, along with the angle that the medals are photographed from make it look weird. They probably look better in person but maybe they would have been better off without the contouring.

I know race maps aren’t out yet but I’m curious. If you’re taking the skyliner to Epcot, can you walk through Epcot to the race staging at the front of the park?

I just went to poke around at the products available for pre-order for Princess, and there is nothing there to buy, just a message that "Oops! Looks like you have no products available for purchase." Wonder if this is a glitch, or potentially related to all the shipping issues going on right now.

I know race maps aren’t out yet but I’m curious. If you’re taking the skyliner to Epcot, can you walk through Epcot to the race staging at the front of the park?
No. And because you can’t get to the start from the International Gate, the Skyliner won’t be running for races.

they specifically stated in the w&d guide that the monorail and the sky liner would NOT be open/running for runners to get to the start areas.

Just a reminder, POT and estimated finish deadline is coming up. The website states that the race has to occur by Oct 31st and then update by Nov. 23rd. However, registration had said the race cutoff and update cutoff were the same date (Oct 31st). So just better to take a look at your current registration and make sure everything is up to date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter