princess eatings

dimoe

<font color=red><b>Hardworking Fastlearning Realit
I am just starting to plan but I have read a few different meals involving princesses. 1950s I think it is and then the cinderella royal table and then princess meal in norway. Which is the best and which did your daughter love!! I know we need to do the princess thing but not sure what do to
thanks Diane

You must mean 1900 Park Fare - this was awful. The interaction with the characters was fine enough but the food is disgusting.

On the other hand, we went to Norway and the food was B+ and the characters were A+. I would definitely go there again.

There are three character meals with the princesses:

Cinderellas Royal Table in the castle - PS's are hard to get, have to call early that morning of your 90 days out. This is the only one Cindy is at (breakfast), and there *is* something about eating in the castle... I'm not sure it's worth all the hype and anxiety that PS obtaining seems to get but... *shrugs*

Princess Storybook Breakfast at Norway in Epcot - various princesses are at this one, with exception of Cindy. We are doing this one this time around, so I can't attest to it yet! I am looking forward to it! Again, I think PS are always necessary, but not as crucial to get in 90 days like Cindys

Cinderellas Gala Feast (?) at 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian resort - I have had their character breakfast with Mary Poppins, but not the dinner. From my understanding, Cindy, Prince Charming, the mice, and the Fairy Godmother are at this one.

REmember that character breakfasts are not about the food... though I'm sure its nice to have decent food, you're paying for character interaction... I honestly dont remember any of teh food quality at any of the character meals I've had during my years of visiting Disney, I *just* remember the character interaction and how much fun it was to be there with them. Pick the characters that will bring your child the most joy, not necessarily which food is going to be the best... Just my opinion. =)

Good luck in your decision!

Yes going for my daughter. Can I book the Cindy one a year inadvance or do I have to wait till the 90 day period?
thanks Diane

90 days out... Check out www.allearsnet.com I believe there is info about when to call, tips on how to get a PS for that one (since its the hot ticket in town!), menu, prices, etc etc. Its a wealth of info!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could do it one year in advance? Save so many headaches, and early morning calls! =)

If you don't get your ressie exactly 90 days out all hope is not lost. The last 2 times we have gone (in 2002 and a planned trip in June of this year) we were able to get ressies at CRT by calling and scooping up ressies that others had cancelled. You have to be persistent and flexible (we had to make the res for 6 even though I really just wanted to send my DDs, wife and mil). I think the best time to call is early morning and right before PS closes for the night.

Note, I wouldnt tell a little one that they were going to the breakfast until you have the res but it might happen.

Then again, both times the CMs taking the res were shocked and excited that I lucked out inside 90 days.

We did Cinderella's Royal Table in 2001 and our girls loved it. Maybe it was just me, but the princesses seemed to spend more time at your table and their visits were spread out throughout the entire breakfast. The food, I thought, was better too than the Princess Storybook Breafkast that we did just last week. And, eating at the castle was just neat! Hard ressie to get though... At the Storybook Breakfast, the princesses visited our table all within 10 minutes, stood for their picture, and went on their way. I know they have to keep things rolling, but they seemed more hurried. I had no problem getting this reservation exactly 90 days out.

Originally posted by pdolan
Maybe it was just me, but the princesses seemed to spend more time at your table

It wasn't just you. According to the Unofficial guide the guest to character ratio is by far the best of any character dining experiences due to (among other things) the size of the restaurant.

Our entire family loves the CRT (including my husband). We have taken DD twice and this year will be a third time and I can't imagine WDW without this breakfast. The atmosphere is classic, the Princesses are charming, the service is wonderful, and the food is delicious. Oh...we can't forget Fairy Godmother who is always so welcoming and gracious.

I obviously would recommend this breakfast to anyone with or without children because it is true Disney Magic and brings a smile to your face. Getting the PS's are a challenge, but isn't anything a challenge when your trying to get the best!?

I hope you try this and I hope you enjoy it as much as we doprincess: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter