Princess dresses for bbb???

charming

Dreaming to own DVC
I am taking my dd princess: who will be just 4 in March to the BBB and I'm trying to find her a beautiful princess dress that i can take with us. i have looked on line but I'm not finding what i want for her. i read allot of complaints about the dress being itchy and uncomfortable. HELP!! what do i do??:confused3

We do Little Adventure dresses. People sell them on websites and ebay. My DD loves them and doesn't care at all they're not "real" princess dresses. It is super lightweight (packs into ziplock bags) and machine washable, which is really good because she will wear it all day at the parks and at home ...

Funny story, although it hurt me to do it, the Aurora dress is long sleeved and my DD's current favorite princess is Aurora and really really wants to wear Aurora when we do BBB, next week, and she doesn't like the "itchy" dresses. So I cut the sleeves off, yikes! But I know she doesn't care, as long as she can wear it.

I feel a little cheap, bringing my own dress, but you know, my DD just prefers these dresses and will wear it all day, so that's more important.

-Virginia

I used my dressup trunk which is the dresses I think the pp just mentioned, little adventures brand. I bought them after many disers suggested it to me. They are definately not itchy.

Don't feel cheap at all for bringing down the dress! I think it is smart. Prices in the park are crazy!! I wish I had known a couple of weeks ago. I just sold my daughter's soft princess dresses a couple of weeks ago at a consignment shop. I believe I got them when they were on sale from the Disney website. Good luck!

I have been looking also! Specifically for either an Alice costume or a Mary Poppins! I also need a size 3-4t! I have not had a lot of luck!:confused3

:goodvibes:goodvibesI found some that are handmade!!! and they are so cheap like $30 for the dress! they are so beautiful!! They had Alice ones too!! if you need any ifo please feel free to email me!

oh and my daughter hates those itchy ones too!!!

I got my DD her Sleeping Beauty dress from Disneystore.com for when she goes to BBB and the My Disney Girl Princess Tea at the Grand Floridian. It's the deluxe light up one and was on clearance. I think I paid about $40 for it and had a coupon. She loves it. Try Disneystore.com, you might be surprised what you find.

Just keep in mind that they have all the princess dresses, crowns, shoes, etc. on display when you first walk in and they don't take you in right away. I bought a Cinderella dress for my niece. When we got there she wanted Ariel. Since I'm a sucker she got the Ariel dress and wore the Cinderella one to 1900 Park Fare.

We didn't get a dress, DD had tons at home and didn't even want one. We saw so many little ones all hot and sticky and crying in those dresses! I certainly wouldn't want to wear one if it was hot. So go with a comfy one that you can take off when it gets hot. We saw a lady telling her crying daughter she had to look good for dinner and it was only noon!!!

Watch out for the waiting time before your appointment, they knew what they were doing at DTD by putting BBB in the Disney Store's costume section! ;)

We went in 2007 to BBB and afterwards to MNSSHP, both girls brought their 'favorite' princess costumes on the trip, however, while waiting for our turn at BBB, they fell in love with the Aurora long sheer sleeved costumes.

$120 later :scared1: they were in them getting the royal treatment, and by the end of the night begging to take them off. With long sleeved shirts at home it wasn't a big deal, but in the Orlando heat, VERY uncomfortable. The OP have nicer looking dresses that would be a better choice, IMO, than the ones at Disney.

BTW, I made them wear those suckers to every Halloween party and trick or treating that year and the next! (I bought each one a size larger so they could wear them for a while, I mean come on, $60 each!!!??) Anything for my princesses. princess:

I may be cheap, but my DD will just barely be 3 when we go to The World in Dec. I plan on getting her the Target dresses and she's wearing her long sleeved pink leotard under it... is that lame?

We took our granddaughters last September and bought the cheaper version of the dresses on ebay. Sure it save 20 bucks each, but they were itchy and uncomfortable. I even put some extra trim on them, put t-shirts under them and they did ok, but they were still not something they were happy to wear all day. I will be taking a younger granddaughter back in 2 years and I will be buying a much nicer dress so that she will be happy. I do understand wanting to save the money too, everything sure gets expensive. Disneystore.com has cute dresses at better prices than WDW and they are much nicer quality than the ones in Wal Mart, Target and many of the e-bay sites. It isn't much of a money savings if they never want to wear the dress.

We bought our daughter a beautiful dress with a petticoat on ebay and brought it with us last December. It only cost about 20 dollars and she is still wearing it. It is well worth looking on ebay and bringing it with you.princess:

My DD6 is really sensitive to itchy fabric. I wondered what we were going to do and looked at mydressuptrunk. We ended up deciding on a couple sun dresses I ordered online from Disney. You can see them in my TR link in my siggie. We ended up skipping BBB since I couldn't get a ressie for my three week shy of three - two year old. The girls look pretty and I did their hair and stuck in tiara's from Claire's in their hair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!