Princess Costumes???

kaleighmariesmom

DIS Veteran
I am having a hard time trying to find costumes for my dd who is 2 to take with us to Disney... The ones in the local stores are too big... does anyone have any suggestions where I can find them. Oh and the nearest Disney store is 2 hrs away

thanks

Have you tried ebay? Any time I can't find something locally that is the first place I check.
If there are any consignment stores near by, they sometimes carry a good selection of costumes.
Good luck! :goodvibes

I went with Ebay too. But I didn't get a Disney costume, I went with a real dress. I thought it would be more comfortable because the seams are finished etc. They have lots of "Princess" or "pageant" dresses on there if you search. I found a beautiful blue (Cinderella blue) dress for my 4 year old DD for $9, new, and a fancy little ballerina dress for my almost 9 months old for $15, new. I also found a fancy little Swarovski crystal comb tiara for DD4 for $9 too.

I just recently purchased alot of items off the disney.com site.... very cheap!! I also purchased princess gowns off of amazon.com and they are great, fast shipping...

Try DisneyShopping.com. I know they have a sale on some of their dresses right now.

Last year we bought princess dresses on a whim. We went into the store for my 7 yr old and came out with dresses for her and her 12 yr old sister.princess: princess: My DH and I were so surprised that the 12 yr old wanted to wear a princess dress! The girls wore their dresses to the parks, character meals and other table service meals. They had a blast! We did our own personal "photo shoot" at the Grand Floridian. It's so beautiful there and a couple CMs actually came over and made a bid deal about the girls and how beautiful they looked. They really felt like princesses that day. They loved the attention they got when they wore their dresses...priceless.:cloud9:

We purchased ours off of ebay. I found the same ones sold in the park (they are tagged) and they were 1/5th of the cost. Out of all of them the cotton Minnie Mouse is the most comfortable, very easy to fit in a backpack and I know it comes in smaller sizes.

what size are you looking for??

DD has one that was ariel that shes outgrown if your interested???

also...you could get a ballerina tutu & tweek it a little...go check out the disbotique at the family board..they are amazing!!:goodvibes

what size are you looking for??

DD has one that was ariel that shes outgrown if your interested???

also...you could get a ballerina tutu & tweek it a little...go check out the disbotique at the family board..they are amazing!!:goodvibes

My daughter is 2 so I am not too sure on the size. XS maybe???

I saw thedisbotique board. Boy am i Jealous that I dont know how to sew!!!

I found a NWT Belle costume from the Disney Store on Ebay last year for then 15 month old DD to wear on our September 2007 trip. I paid only about $10 shipped for it and it was a 12-18 month size. There are usually tons listed on Ebay. I know that our Disney Stores also sell dresses as small as XXS which I think are a size 2/3 maybe so maybe you could look for that size while at WDW or try DisneyShopping.com instead? :)

Good luck! I have to start looking for dresses for my 2 DD's soon as well. Youngest will be 2 on our next trip and and is teeny and super petite so she should be easy. Oldest will be almost 9 but is solid and tall and can't squeeze into the 10/12's anymore which is the highest I have seen our Disney Store go up to in costumes. But I hate to pay the much higher prices at WDW so I am hoping to find something on Ebay before September 2008. :worship:

I found some nice deals today on disneyshopping.com. They are also offering free shipping with a $60.00 purchase (code: ship60). I have a coupon code for an additional 15% savings (code: 3399) Search for costumes...lot of great deals! Happy Shopping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter