Princess Ashlyn's Birthday Trip - That's 2 For 2! September 2010 PTR (Started my TR!)

BabyEeyore

DIS Veteran
No sooner do I post my last update on my March 2010 TR than I get official word that we are going back in September! :woohoo: We have to fly to Jacksonville for an appointment and were either going to drive up to Alabama to see DH's family or drive down to Orlando. Well, obviously, family always wins!!! :lovestruc But we decided to ask if they would like to go to Disney with us. Not too long ago my DMIL sent me a message on Windows Live Messenger saying that she and my DFIL went for a walk tonight to start building up their stamina for WDW!! :cool1: Unfortunately it doesn't look like his brother will be joining us. He has school and I don't know if he has drill or something at that time. So the planning begins!

I can't start my PTR without first introducing you to everyone who is going!

The Cast of Characters

Christina (me) :wave2: : a 27-year-old SAHM to a beautiful little princess and have been married to my best friend for 3 years.

IMG_4416-1.jpg

Aaron (DH) :sail: : my handsome, loving sailor who is quickly becoming a Disney fanatic like me (if he's not there already)!

IMG_3875.jpg

Ashlyn (DD) princess: : our beautiful little princess. As I write this she is about to turn 18 months old (on the 26th).

IMG_4625-1.jpg

Those are the usual suspects. Joining us this trip are:

Granny Georgia (DMIL) :flower3:

11MayAlabama4.jpg

and Granddaddy Kim (DFIL) :cool2:

13MayAlabama10.jpg

Those pictures of Georgia and Kim are from the last time we saw them... back in May 2009! So it will be over a year since we've seen them once we go in September.

Oh, and the title of this PTR... Ashlyn was born September 26, 2008. We went to WDW a few weeks after her 1st birthday to celebrate and now we are going a week or so before her 2nd birthday to celebrate! So... right now we're 2 for 2! :rotfl:

We are going to be driving down to Orlando and spending the night on Disney property on the 15th, going to the Magic Kingdom on the 16th, then going "home" on the 17th (not quite home, but I'll explain that later). It's a short trip, but it will be a blast! Tonight we are going to choose which hotel to stay at... do we stay at Pop like usual or upgrade and stay at POFQ? We'll decide and make our reservations this week! :woohoo:

Lovin your PTR so far! I am also taking my daughter in Sept for her 3rd birthday! What are your trip dates? Ours may overlap!! We are going Sept 17-25th with the 18th being her actual birthday :)

Lovin your PTR so far! I am also taking my daughter in Sept for her 3rd birthday! What are your trip dates? Ours may overlap!! We are going Sept 17-25th with the 18th being her actual birthday :)

We'll just miss each other... we'll be leaving on the 17th. I'm heading over to read your PTR right now!! :)

Joining in! Can't wait to read all of your plans! So glad you're making another PTR!

How exciting- Disney is just going to be you're go to place for family reunions! :laughing:

Can't wait to read all about your plans. :goodvibes

I'm here!

i forgot to mention, i'm jealous that you had such an easy time converting your DH... mine is still wanting to vacation in other places too (what is he thinking:confused3)

How exciting- Disney is just going to be you're go to place for family reunions! :laughing:

Can't wait to read all about your plans. :goodvibes

I know, right? :rotfl: I'm okay with that, though. :)

I'm here!

i forgot to mention, i'm jealous that you had such an easy time converting your DH... mine is still wanting to vacation in other places too (what is he thinking:confused3)

Glad you're here! :cheer2:

On our second trip Aaron really started to understand the magic. I think because Ashlyn was old enough to really react to stuff (our first trip she was 2 months old :cutie: ). Now after this trip, he was the one on the phone trying to convince his parents to go to Disney with us so we could go there with them instead of Alabama. :lmao: We still want to vacation other places, too (we definitely want to go to Puerto Rico or Jamaica while we still live here in GTMO), but we all just love Disney.

I know it probably didn't work as another Dis'er told me the link was wrong :confused3 But I fixed it! :cool1:

I did notice it didn't work, but I knew there was just the double http: in it so I took it out to get to your PTR! Love it so far. :)

I'm going to follow along too! How awesome that you guys get to go to Disney again and right before your daughter's second birthday!!!

You have a beautiful family!

I've never stayed at either resort but I've heard good things about both! I don't think you can go wrong!!! :banana:

Amanda

I've never stayed at either resort but I've heard good things about both! I don't think you can go wrong!!! :banana:

Amanda

Thanks for letting me know what you've heard. We've loved Pop but it's always nice to go see what else there is, right? :)

Excuse me while I do a little happy dance...

:cool1: :banana: :banana: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :woohoo:

I put Ashlyn down for her nap at 12:30 and got on the phone with Disney to make all our reservations. We are going to stay at POFQ for 2 nights (military discount makes it much more affordable!). I am really excited to try out a new resort!!!

While we were waiting to hear from the in-laws about whether they liked the WDW idea, Aaron said that we are going to book CRT for lunch again. Ummm.... OKAY!!! :rotfl: I did mention that it would be cool to maybe try something new, though. So he said "we'll do something new AND CRT." :love: Man of my dreams here, people! :laughing: Anyway, so we decided to go ahead and try Crystal Palace since it is in the Magic Kingdom and we won't have to spend a lot of travel time. We thought this would be good since this is a short trip.

So we have an 8:10am breakfast at Crystal Palace and a 1pm lunch at CRT!

This is me right now: :hyper: Now I need to go channel that energy into cleaning before Ashlyn wakes up. :laundy: Planning some more in my head will help make it more fun. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter