Primeval Whirl updates?

I know a few parks dont have this ride anymore because of safety issues. I know last time I was there the bearing seals had been leaking and got grease all over.

I like the ride personally. I am more disappointed with Kali when I ride it.

If they remove it hoping for something big. Maybe a Ewok village?

Just read up on this, thanks. Explains the silence. If I were Disney I wouldn’t reopen until I understood exactly what happened in England AND ahead a plan to avoid the same thing happening at WDW. If that involves a new restraint system, it’s will be a while.

The Lightwater coaster has a 1.5 Meter height requrement

Just read up on this, thanks. Explains the silence. If I were Disney I wouldn’t reopen until I understood exactly what happened in England AND ahead a plan to avoid the same thing happening at WDW. If that involves a new restraint system, it’s will be a while.

The Lightwater coaster has a 1.5 Meter height requrement
Maybe I missed the sarcasm, but it never was a parking lot. That is "theming", believe it or not. I believe this was a Michael Eisner era project? Certainly looks like it. I, for one, would be perfectly fine with them taking this opportunity to shut the whole area down and do it right.

As with all of AK it was done under Eisner...

But yes it's just made to look like a parking lot. Bottom line is AK was less than it needed to be at opening, and they needed a quick (and cheap) way to entertain some guest... few carny rides and games was the solution they came up with.

Which by the way...is len and Scopa on any new pod casts? Regularly
Len Testa cohosts a podcast with Jim Hill called Disney Dish. They were both so good at finding things out that (according to their insinuations on the podcast) Disney got smart and started just flat out telling them lots of things in exchange for promises not to tell. So it’s rare that you’ll learn much about the future from them unless it’s already been posted by a reasonably reliable source, then they’ll often do a non-confirming confirmation.

I had my fast pass day today, and it's shown as "Temporarily Closed" through my last day on October 27th.

I don't know if that really means anything, but I would think they would have it as an option if they thought it was going to be open by the end of September. Personally. I still don't think they should re-open the coaster, but I can't imagine them retheming the area with everything else that they're doing right now.

For those keeping up with the accident out of Lightwater Valley, the little guy who fell out of their version of this coaster had emergency brain surgery a little more than a week ago.

If Disney comes up with a decent replacement, I'd be good with Primeval Whirl closing. They do have a similar ride at my local Six Flags St. Louis (formerly a Tony Hawk coaster, now Pandemonium), and it's still running. But I'm not sure a middling Six Flags Park is a good comparison. Personally, I haven't ridden Primeval Whirl since 2008. It's just not a fun experience for me.

They have a similar ride in a theme park near where I live in Charlotte, I'm not that crazy about it. I honestly wouldn't mind if they redo that whole area.

Not to pour gasoline on this, but they’ve removed the star that indicates the existence of an attraction from Primeval Whirl in MDE. Which they haven’t done with Astro Orbiter. Or even Stitch.

Also the site lists it as Temporarily Closed - same as Stitch. Astro Orbiter is listed as Closed for Refurbishment.

Not to pour gasoline on this, but they’ve removed the star that indicates the existence of an attraction from Primeval Whirl in MDE. Which they haven’t done with Astro Orbiter. Or even Stitch.

Also the site lists it as Temporarily Closed - same as Stitch. Astro Orbiter is listed as Closed for Refurbishment.

I feel like I should get a smidgen of credit here lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!