Primeval Whirl updates?

Isn't it two rides?

I can see one side going down, but not both... unless they determined there was a safety issue.

I would imagine there is more than parts involved if they keep extending the closure. If it was a simple fix and issue was of having to wait for a particular piece of the puzzle (so to speak) then the extended closure would make sense.

However, for them to keep extending it makes me believe something else is involved and running into more issues with troubleshooting/resolve, or if it is the question of a part, or parts, then either the parts they are retrieving are not cutting it (or not absolutely correct with the integrity of the ride), or there is a constant delay on retrieving the part(s).

This extended down time is typical Chester & Hester. They should make a haunted house out of it, or let it be a parking lot again.

Depends if you can keep the cheap ride running. A broken ride is no good to anyone, especially a broken ride with a tough time getting parts. So I guess the real question is, is it already as long as it could be kept? Time will tell.

Reverchon is still in business and produces the model of coaster.

To be honest, they need to move on. Disney was being cheap to begin with. Of course, the timing was understandable as to why, but still, times have changed.

Well that is disappointing, one of my kids favourite rides. Oh well, we'll have to find something else to do in Animal Kingdom.

I am not sure why it is such a state secret, but it is most definitely a safety concern.

There was a similar, if not identical, coaster in the UK where a boy fell out of the car. he is recovering, but until review, inspection, and most likely modification is done, it will not reopen. If you want to find more, it was at a park called Lightwater Valley.

The boy was 7. Everyone wonders why the height requirement on this is 48. I wonder if that came into play.

To be honest, they need to move on. Disney was being cheap to begin with. Of course, the timing was understandable as to why, but still, times have changed.

For a temp fix it sure has hung in there.... My big problem with AK, is it's not a great place to go with small kids. While I agree with the 48" height requirement, I've never understood why they put a coaster in AK that needed this requirement. With Everest they could modify this to something less extreme...

For a temp fix it sure has hung in there.... My big problem with AK, is it's not a great place to go with small kids. While I agree with the 48" height requirement, I've never understood why they put a coaster in AK that needed this requirement. With Everest they could modify this to something less extreme...

I have to admit that it's fun to a certain extent, but I can only handle it once, because can be rough on you, or at least can be for adults due to the weight. As traditionally with typical fair rides if you have more than one person a vehicle with you, one typically gets crushed over another, or it the pain goes to one to another when it's a ride that goes back and forth, or spins. That whatever they call it, "diver" in between the seats doesn't do jack and seems pointless.

Reverchon is still in business and produces the model of coaster.
Yes, Primeval Whirl is two Reverchon spinning coasters (AKA Crazy Mouse) with a Disney applied theme. I can ride the same coaster 12 miles from my house at DelGrosso's Amusement Park.

There are 32 of these coasters located throughout the world.

I am not sure why it is such a state secret, but it is most definitely a safety concern.

There was a similar, if not identical, coaster in the UK where a boy fell out of the car. he is recovering, but until review, inspection, and most likely modification is done, it will not reopen. If you want to find more, it was at a park called Lightwater Valley.

The boy was 7. Everyone wonders why the height requirement on this is 48. I wonder if that came into play.
Just read up on this, thanks. Explains the silence. If I were Disney I wouldn’t reopen until I understood exactly what happened in England AND ahead a plan to avoid the same thing happening at WDW. If that involves a new restraint system, it’s will be a while.

This extended down time is typical Chester & Hester. They should make a haunted house out of it, or let it be a parking lot again.
Maybe I missed the sarcasm, but it never was a parking lot. That is "theming", believe it or not. I believe this was a Michael Eisner era project? Certainly looks like it. I, for one, would be perfectly fine with them taking this opportunity to shut the whole area down and do it right.

Maybe I missed the sarcasm, but it never was a parking lot. That is "theming", believe it or not. I believe this was a Michael Eisner era project? Certainly looks like it. I, for one, would be perfectly fine with them taking this opportunity to shut the whole area down and do it right.

Yes, now that we have money, can we have the planned dragon area of the park? I mean, it's even in the logo still.

Yes, Primeval Whirl is two Reverchon spinning coasters (AKA Crazy Mouse) with a Disney applied theme. I can ride the same coaster 12 miles from my house at DelGrosso's Amusement Park.

There are 32 of these coasters located throughout the world.
Not to mention can ride them at many fairs/carnivals as well. The traveling models are nearly identical to the permanent installations. Defintiley would not be disappointed to see it removed and replaced with something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter