Price Increases

Laketravis

This avatar sponsored by: FastPass+
I've been checking on rates (mostly moderates, since I'm familiar with them) at various times throughout 2013.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how rates appear to have increased 10-15% across the board?

They go up every year it seems. We stay deluxe, but next trip may try out a moderate because of the hefty prices at the deluxes.

I've been checking on rates (mostly moderates, since I'm familiar with them) at various times throughout 2013.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how rates appear to have increased 10-15% across the board?

Prices go up slightly every year, but someone posted the other day that Disney has shifted the dates of their "seasons" a bit. That might be part of the cost increase you are seeing.

There was a tread last week about this. Disney recently shifted some of the seasons for moderates, so the rates could be different than if you checked them last month.

I was wondering if the new rates include tax? I have a CR room booked (since October) for next August that is now showing a rate of almost $400 when my confirmation lists the night at $330.

Prices go up slightly every year, but someone posted the other day that Disney has shifted the dates of their "seasons" a bit. That might be part of the cost increase you are seeing.

I've noticed this as well. I was pricing a few nights for December of this year and what used to be value season up until around 12/19 is now peak season :(.

Then at this rate CSR will be $442 a night in five years during Value Season.

I just noticed this too. The room we booked for February at $726 a night is now listed at $815. That's a pretty big jump when in 2012 it was $700.

I dont think that's the case for the night I mentioned, as I looked through the whole year and it's the lowest price (so lowest season like when I booked).

Sorry to be so scary. We are going with all the grandparents and staying in a villa (that we are all sharing the cost of). Not so scary when divided by three. pixiedust:

I just noticed the "season shifting" too and was surprised to learn that mid to late September is no longer considered "value" season. Wow.

AntFarm said:
I just noticed the "season shifting" too and was surprised to learn that mid to late September is no longer considered "value" season. Wow.

I should add that this applies to both value resorts and moderate resorts. "Value" season rates shift to "fall" season rates after September 13th.

Looks like maybe the strategy is to raise prices substantially and then offer a discount so you feel like you're saving money when you really aren't.

In 2010 we stayed at CR Tower Bay Lake view, dining, and 7 day park hoppers for $3800 (11/27/10-12/3/10 for 2 adults and 1 child).

Now just 25 months later it's incredibly more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter