Price increase?

OffToDWD

DIS Veteran
Is the price for ABD much better at time of release? Does it increase as time goes on? I know for Disney cruises, the prices can go up as the hours go by on opening day! We want to try a ABD and was considering doing it for summer of 2020 but can wait if we should wait to book a trip at time of release (currently debating between Alaska or China). It's for a family of 4 so price differences can add up! Thanks!

You may want to check the current schedule, though. The early booking discount is still available for a lot of the 2020 Alaska and China trips. Since they are not new itineraries, the departures fill up much less quickly.

Sayhello

Hello all- quick question regarding DVC. In order to get opening day prices on adventures, do you have to be a direct (blue card member) of DVC, or will you also get the perk of opening day prices if you are a resale DVC owner? I've been considering DVC since 2015 and our trip to Aulani next month may seal the deal. This is just an added bonus, but only if it will apply to resale contracts since they are a far better deal than buying direct. Hoping someone here will know. Thanks a bunch

Hello all- quick question regarding DVC. In order to get opening day prices on adventures, do you have to be a direct (blue card member) of DVC, or will you also get the perk of opening day prices if you are a resale DVC owner? I've been considering DVC since 2015 and our trip to Aulani next month may seal the deal. This is just an added bonus, but only if it will apply to resale contracts since they are a far better deal than buying direct. Hoping someone here will know. Thanks a bunch

I don't know the answer to this, but I just checked the DVC website and the Adventures by Disney website; I could not find anything regarding cash ABD vacations/DVC/opening day prices. I could only find information on booking with points, meaning if you purchased resale now you could not use your points towards an ABD (not a great value anyway). We pay cash, and we do not rent our points.

I would suggest calling an ABD Vacationista and ask about it. I've never been asked to provide my member ID when booking.

I've been told it's for blue card members only, Tonia.

Sayhello

I would suggest calling an ABD Vacationista and ask about it. I've never been asked to provide my member ID when booking.

When booking our China ABD last December, I was required to provide my membership number to get the opening day price.

In order to book an ABD using points, you would call member services first. They tell you how many points it requires, make sure you have them, and then they call ABD while you are on the phone and make the reservation with them. If you decide to call ABD first, you would be making a cash reservation that you would then have to call member services to convert to a points reservation. Member services is the only organization that can make a points reservation for any of their entities (WDW, ABD, DCL, RCI, etc). All point charts are on the DVC website so you can see how many each takes.

Before you plan anything, as OP have said, call member services to verify whether you can even use resale points for ABD, DCL, etc. Deciding whether to use points for an ABD is a personal decision. Decide what works best for you and enjoy.

Thanks everyone! I couldn’t find the information anywhere and knew someone here would have the answer 😉 I tend to book ABD on opening day (or close to it) so it isn’t a huge thing, but it is something that I could consider as a ‘perk’ if we do move forward to purchase into DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!