Price Increase?

WDW2002

DIS Veteran
ParrotHead from WDWBlues is reporting a pending price admission increase. Does anyone have any more information?? When this will go into effect?? If the price increase will happen soon, I might have to go ahead and purchase our AP's NOW!!

Here are the relevant press releases straight from Media Relations:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Facts On Prices

(Effective Sept. 8, 2002)
One-day, One-park ticket (to Magic Kingdom OR Epcot OR Disney-MGM Studios OR Disney's Animal Kingdom):
$50.00 (Ages 10+); $40.00 (Ages 3-9)

~ Four-Day Park-Hopper:
199.00 (Ages 10+); 159.00 (Ages 3-9)

@ Park-Hopper Plus Pass (5-Day):
259.00 (Ages 10+); 208.00 (Ages 3-9)

# Theme Park Annual Pass:
369.00 (Ages 10+); 314.00 (Ages 3-9)

# Florida Resident Theme Park Annual Pass:
299.00 (Ages 10+); 254.00 (Ages 3-9)

^ Premium Annual Pass:
489.00 (Ages 10+); 416.00 (Ages 3-9)

^ Florida Resident Premium Annual Pass:
399.00 (Ages 10+); 339.00 (Ages 3-9)

& Water Parks 1-Day:
31.00 (Ages 10+); 25.00 (Ages 3-9)

* Pleasure Island 1-Evening/Annual:
19.95/54.95 (18 & up)

> Disney's Wide World of Sports:
9.11 (Ages 10+); 7.01 (Ages 3-9)

DisneyQuest:
31.00 (Ages 10+); 25.00 (Ages 3-9)

Cirque du Soleil:
67.00 (Ages 10+); 39.00 (Ages 3-9)

(Prices do not include tax and are subject to change. Theme park parking is $7 for non-resort guests.)

~ Provides admission to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom on any 4 days, any combination of parks on a day. Also available: 5-Day Ticket.

@ Provides admission to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, on any five days, any combination of parks on a day, plus two visits to choice of: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island or Disney's Wide World of Sports. Also available: 6-Day and 7-Day Passes.

# Provides admission to Disney-MGM Studios, Epcot, Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom for one year from date of voucher redemption.

^ Provides admission to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom, plus Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island, DisneyQuest and Disney's Wide World of Sports for one year from date of voucher redemption.

& Provides one-day admission to Typhoon Lagoon OR Blizzard Beach for designated time period.

* Provides admission to Downtown Disney Pleasure Island and all clubs on evening of visit.

> Provides general admission to Disney's Wide World of Sports complex. (Does not include Premium Events.)

(All prices subject to Florida sales tax; ages under 3 gain free admission.)

PRSEPT-02/ijb:cd
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walt Disney World Guests Save When They Buy Tickets Before Leaving Home

A Family of Four Can Save $48
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (Sept. 6, 2002) -- Walt Disney World Resort today unveiled a new, advance-purchase program that offers substantial savings on multi-day tickets for its four theme parks.

With the Advance Purchase Savings program, beginning Sunday, Sept. 8, guests who buy tickets before they leave home can save up to $12 on select multi-day Park Hopper tickets, versus the price for the same ticket at the theme park gate.

The savings add up. For instance, a family of four that buys 5-Day Park Hopper tickets before leaving home will save $48.

“Our new Advance Purchase Savings program makes the good value of a Disney World vacation even better for those who do a little more planning,” said Al Weiss, president of Walt Disney World Resort. “By purchasing multi-day Disney tickets before they leave home, our guests can realize substantial savings.”

Advance Purchase Savings are available for select Park Hopper, Park Hopper Plus and Ultimate Park Hopper tickets.

While still at home, guests can purchase multi-day tickets online at disneyworld.com, by calling 407/W-DISNEY, at participating Disney Stores outside of Florida or through a travel agent. The ticket savings are included when guests purchase select Walt Disney World vacation packages before leaving home.

Examples of the savings:

4-Day Park Hopper (ages 10 and older) purchased at gate: $199
4-Day Park Hopper (ages 10 and older) purchased in advance: $192 …a savings of $7
5-Day Park Hopper (ages 10 and older) purchased at gate: $229
5-Day Park Hopper (ages 10 and older) purchased in advance: $217 …a savings of $12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Walt Disney World Multi-Day Tickets
4-DAY PARK HOPPER -- Provides admission to all four theme parks on any four days, and any combination of parks in a day. Also available: 5-Day Park Hopper tickets.

5-DAY PARK HOPPER PLUS -- Provides admission to all four theme parks on any five days, and any combination of parks in a day, plus two visits to a choice of Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island or Disney’s Wide World of Sports complex. Also available: 6-, 7-Day Park Hopper Plus tickets.

ULTIMATE PARK HOPPER -- Available only to guests staying at a Walt Disney World resort, provides unlimited admission from the time of check-in through the day of check-out to all four theme parks, two water parks, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island, Disney’s Wide World of Sports complex and DisneyQuest indoor interactive theme park.

Did I miss something? I thought attendance was going down!

Looks like regualr tickets aren't increasing for those who purchase in advance. For example, the current price of a 5 day Hopper is $217 (without tax). That's the same as the new price for buying in advance.

Wonder how (or even if) the Disney Club discount fits in. It's probably too good to be true to expect to get a DC discount on the advance purchase price. It would be nice, though.

Woo-Hoo! Way to go big D! Just when you think it can't get any worse. BAM! Right in the kisser.

I would like to take this moment and ask the suits what exactly are these price increases paying for? Extended park hours, park and resort improvements, or is it just someones bonus/vacation?
If your going to ask for more why are they not giving more?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

CarolMN, I read somewhere that if you purchased your park passes through the internet or at any TDS you would recieve your discount on top of the already discounted/ current price. I guess those purchasing park passes at the gates are SOL.

It rocks to be a FL resident.

Any price increases wont go for park improvements but we help out the companies bottom line as they arent into improving the parks at this time.

Opps, I might have spoken too soon it looks like some of the Disney parks might stay open a little later this year in attempts to keep guests in the parks longer with nightly fireworks and character shows. Time will tell I guess.

Originally posted by CarolMN

Wonder how (or even if) the Disney Club discount fits in. It's probably too good to be true to expect to get a DC discount on the advance purchase price. It would be nice, though.

If you need 4 or 5-day hoppers and have Disney Club, you need to get them by tomorrow (Sat). New pricing in effect Sunday.

Hot footed it to the local DS and got our AP's, saved almost $90:)

Manager said they got the new prices in today, effective Sunday.
Didn't they used to anounce the increases quite a bit ahead of time.

Man they are really trying to squeeze everything.

Next thing you know they will start charging for the Hidden Mickeys ;)

Dont give them any ideas about ways to increase revenue!!!

I heard this, and I think it will anger many DC card holders:

Disney Club card holders will only be able to get their discounted tickets via the advance route, and not at the park itself. However, if buying in advance, Disney Club holders will have the club discount and the advance discount

Looks like decreased attendance equal higher rates. Guess instead of encouraging more people to visit at reduced rates, Disney is going to gauge the folks who still attend. Totally opposite of what the other Florida parks are doing. It is suicide if you ask me.

Originally posted by PatMcDuck
I heard this, and I think it will anger many DC card holders:

Disney Club card holders will only be able to get their discounted tickets via the advance route, and not at the park itself. However, if buying in advance, Disney Club holders will have the club discount and the advance discount

Unfortunately, starting Sunday, there will be no Disney Club discounts on 4 and 5-day hoppers. Not sure about 6-day hopper plus.

There is a rumor about WDW adopting a one year expiration date on all tickets. Disneyland already has a general policy that (I think) is that all days on all tickets must be used within two weeks. It was always thought of as a pilot program for WDW so I wouldn’t be surprised if a version goes to WDW.

The purpose of this policy and the pay-upfront hotel rooms is to “lock” a guest into a vacation. Once a person spends their money they are less likely to back out of or change their trip. Disney feels this costs them money. It is also felt that when people buy tickets up front they will naturally go to Disney.com or to a Disney store and it gives Disney another shot at selling something.

If they do this I am fully in car #2 .......

That is the most stupid thing I have heard of from a management standpoint. There are MANY MANY people who buy 7 day hoppers with the plan on using them at a future date. That gaurantees future trips ... I know I have done it many times and know lots of folks who do the same.

Usually with these decisions I can see a positive side. At least those planning vacations ahead of time will not see a price increase. That in itself is not a bad move. But expiration dates ... NO!

Ei$ner must go.

Dave O.

Our new Advance Purchase Savings program makes the good value of a Disney World vacation even better for those who do a little more planning.
I don't think saving $12.00 on a $229.00 ticket ($217.00 after discount) is a big deal.

The example is that a family of 4 would save $48.00 but they are still spending $868.00 plus tax ($52.08) a total of $920.08.

Dznefreek -- I agree. When you are talking that much $ overall anyway.
I think it's another change that will only hurt them in the end.
Is someone sitting at their desk writing down what they can do to DRIVE away guests? Maybe someone from Universal or Busch gardens is slipping something in Disney exec's water. Or maybe it's mind control.... Other parks should be wringing their hands in glee by now.
Hey -- I heard a rumor -- Next is Pay Tiolets!!! :jester: And then they can also have CM's stand in the washrooms, like they do in those doll gurn big city restrooms, and tax them on their tips!! :jester:

I stopped at a Disney Store to get my ap's today and I felt like the only customer in a used car lot with 300 salesmen who haven't sold anything in a year. I couldn't wait to get out of there!They kept pushing us to buy things. I had to tell them no, all I wanted were the tickets. TWICE!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter