Price increase for Magic Kingdom Dessert Parties, price now includes beer/wine

$15 a person for unlimited alcohol is worth it, and $15 for one drink at Disney prices is a break even.

I think just the seated Tomorrowland Terrace party and the After fireworks party include alcohol. I don’t think the plaza garden party with dessert before the fireworks includes alcohol.

I think just the seated Tomorrowland Terrace party and the After fireworks party include alcohol. I don’t think the plaza garden party with dessert before the fireworks includes alcohol.
According to the post on Disney Food Blog, the plaza party does include beer and wine.

Yep, I think they made a mistake. The descriptions in the Disney site don’t list alcohol in the information about the before party.

Yep, I think they made a mistake. The descriptions in the Disney site don’t list alcohol in the information about the before party.

The WDW website does not, but the Cast Member site does say alcohol is included with the Plaza Garden viewing. Or at least that's what this article implies.

Last edited:

The WDW website does not, but the Cast Member site does say alcohol is included with the Plaza Garden viewing. Or at least that's what this article implies.
Isn’t the food/drink served at the same location for both parties?

Isn’t the food/drink served at the same location for both parties?

For both Plaza Garden viewing options, yes, but at different times. The seated version is served downstairs while the two Gardens versions are upstairs. I would assume by the price increases (with the seated and After Fireworks options increasing more than the before garden option) that it would make sense that the After and seated versions serve wine and beer but not the before gardens viewing... but the article definitely says the CM on the phone said there would be beer and wine at all three. But they've been wrong before. Hopefully we have some first-hand reports soon... but if not, I have the before/gardens booked for Monday, and I'll report back!

How long is the after party? This might make it worth it for us, with how awful it gets around the hub for HEA.

Well this sucks! I was just telling DH about the desert parties yesterday. If they are going to raise the price just for alcohol, I can take this off our to-do list. That price increase is just not worth it when I can’t drink alcohol and DH usually won’t out of curtesy to me.

If they are going to tout alcohol, the pricing should be broken down into under 21 and over 21 tiers.

Requiring 10 year olds and up to pay the "adult" price is dumb. My 10 year old shouldn't subsidize unlimited alcohol for adults. Even if that adult is me.

I know admission prices are based on the same age groups, but there are no "21 and over" rides.

I just attended the party with plaza viewing and there was no mention of beer or wine . Didn’t even see it as an option

I already paid for a reservation for after party in June. will it include the alcohol?

The blogs are all running with this like it’s new news, but alcohol for the Tomorrowland Terrace and After Party parties along with the new prices effective 2/1/2020 have been on the website for months now. If you booked a June After Party, you paid the new price and yes, your party will include beer/wine.

My husband and I don't drink alcohol. I am tired of paying higher prices for things such as this, when we aren't drinkers. We would have vastly preferred the after party, but booked the garden viewing since it is cheaper. We are a family of four and it was already too expensive before. Now it's even more ridiculous! But yep, I booked it anyway. (wow, that will stick it to "the man," right, lol!)

Really enjoyed the ooey gooey toffee cake and cheeseburger spring rolls last year.

Josh from easywdw posted today that he attended the Terrace party last night. He said alcohol was part of the Terrace and After party but was NOT offered at the Before party.

Josh from easywdw posted today that he attended the Terrace party last night. He said alcohol was part of the Terrace and After party but was NOT offered at the Before party.
That sucks. I don’t want to do the Terrace party because I just know I’d get an obstructed view. Nor do I want to do the After party. And I’ve never thought the MK dessert parties were worth it without alcohol. I was excited to finally try one. Guess I’ll go back to planning an Epcot one then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter